Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

It's something that I've not really been paying attention to but ... my 07 GT makes an odd clicking sound at low speed / revs, or higher speed but low revs for that gear ..

It kind of sounds like when you used to put something in your bike spokes as a kid?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
lost a watch under your seat?
I'd check first that your fan belt hasnt shredded a bit and its slapping somthing as its going around, or maybe its a knackerd lifter? hmmmm cant think of anything else, could be somthing simple like a stone or a nail in your tyre? I know its at low revs but hey I cant think of anything else but I'm sure somone will be along soon with more help :p

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its recently had a major service with new water pump and cam belt,

New alloys and new tyres and also a new clutch about 6 months ago.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Does it increase frequency in relation to road speed?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, as soon as I speed up its fine. i.e. I know I can cruise at 35 - 40 in 6th on a nice flat straight but the car will tick so It needs to be 45 or put it in 5th ... I can only here this when the windows are down too,

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
When I have the windows down on mine and pass a house or on a country lane I swear my car is making all sorts of strange ticking and rattling noises and its worried me to death somtimes.... But since I have brought my new exhaust I just keep booting it and loving the sound as it bounces back :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts