Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folk
I'v bought Alfa diag and got a couple of odb cables (one from the approved source Andy Whitticker) and am having problems setting it up.
When I run VAG-COM with he cable to try to set up the connection I get an error message - Port Status: OK
Interface: Not found
This occurs on all three of my Laptop's usb ports.
If I try to connect to the cars ECU I get a message to check the diagnostic connector (and that the key is in MAR which it is).
I suspect that my PC (a Fujitsu Amilo M1437G running Windows XP v2002 SP3) may be the problem, but was wondering if anyone else has had this sort of problem and can point me to a solution.
Thanks in anticipation....
Matt

M

·
0 Posts
Have you set up software for com port (it's sometimes needed)

Try downloading the free version of Fiat Ecu Scan and see if it works. If it does you can always compare the com port settings and see if they are the same.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys - I'm working through the problems! I've now set up the com port correctly so the leads work, and will be fiddling with the baud rates to get alfadiag to work - probably tomorrow as the car's under 4 inches of snow at the moment and its a bit chilly :eek:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And its all working now, so good bit of kit (alfa diag and Andty Whittikers lead) - important to make sure your trying to connect to the correct ecu....

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have the fiat ecu scan and i had a bit of dificulty. U have to setup the port and the speed. Also make sure u have the vag com open and not another option

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all I was wondering has anyone tested the iPad version of DashCommand with a Wi-Fi ODB II adapter, I'm thinking of creating an Audio and Dash replacement for the Alfa 156 2005 but before spending any of my hard earned cash wondered if anyone knew this combo and its functionality ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts