·
Administrator
88,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
'08 Brera S 2.2 (Edition no 45). Previously '12 Mito 1.6 JTDM
388 Posts
A few months since I’ve made an effort and back to the office 3 days a week now so plenty of dreary miles crawling along the M8 in the rain to get the car covered in grime again. A year since the last compound so gave it the full works.

Started with a hand wash using Autoglym shampoo and one of those brake dust shifting wheel sprays from Meguairs. Followed up with Meguiars ultimate compound, Autoglym special resin polish and a Turtlewax liquid polish from the back of the cupboard (had bought some Meguiars ultimate liquid wax before I noticed it shouldn’t be used on flat colours). All by hand so took some time!

Also little pieces like Autosol on the exhaust tips, some Autoglym tyre gel and Autoglym fast glass (I also used the Meguiars Compound on the glass as I find this can help to shift the road grime that builds up on areas the wipers don’t cover).

Nice and shiny now, just in time for 135k miles which will likely happen this week, although as you’d expect for this age, mileage and daily use you will see plenty of stone chips and a few other defects up close. More obvious is the squint exhaust on one side - this summer I had the midsection replaced with a Wizard piece at Autolusso but keeping the Prodrive backboxes. The tips were perfect but a couple of weeks later the drivers side somehow shifted. Feels solid to me so no idea how it was able to move like this, will try and get this put right but don’t think it’s quite worth the 4 hour round trip to Penrith so will wait for service time.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts