• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
86,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to vote to pick the winner :thumbs:

Just a reminder, as with the AO COTY competition this is a fun competition but at the same time members have taken the time & effort to clean their cars, take pics & post them, so similar rules apply.

So please no vote rigging, organised campaigns, use of additional or multiple accounts, coercion, promoting membership for voting purposes or any other method to increase votes for one entrant, against the spirit of the competition.

Members encouraging others to vote for their car will be disqualified, members encouraging others to vote for other entrants may result in that entry being disqualified, so again vote for whichever entry you think deserves to win & let everyone else do the same.

Full list of rules here https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-detailing/745785-monthly-detailing-competition-rules.html

.​

·
Super Moderator
86,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1. dpat - Black 159

Although the paint work is far from perfect I've started to look after it.

wash with Autoglym shampoo
G3 clay mit with lots of running water
rinse with fresh water
Some correction with Autoglym SRP (amazing results)
Glaze with Poor Boys White Diamond (I must order some Black Hole)
Wax with Poor Boys Natty's Blue
Wheels sealed with Poor Boys wheel sealant
Black plastic bits treated with Simonz 'Back to Black'
1 dpat 1 Black 159.jpg 1 dpat 2 Black 159.jpg

·
Super Moderator
86,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2. keithyboy - Grey CRV

To celebrate 150,000 miles I gave this old tank a swill off. Cheapo shampoo and a once over with aqua wax. AG quick tyre stuff. Inside disinfected (it really was minging in there).
2 keithyboy 1 Grey CRV.jpg 2 keithyboy 2 Grey CRV.jpg

·
Super Moderator
86,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3. GlasgowMito - Red Brera

Basic hand wash with cheap shampoo followed by a polish with Autoglym SRP and a Turtlewax carnauba wax. Also still using a bottle of Autoglym glass cleaner I was given which does add a nice finish to the windows and helps water streak off, some autosol on the exhaust tips and a cheap wheel cleaner but I never feel like I can get the wheels as gleaming as the paint. Would welcome product recommendations for the darker wheels. Looked great the next day at a mini Alfa meet
3 GlasgowMito 1 Red Brera.jpg 3 GlasgowMito 2 Red Brera.jpg 3 GlasgowMito 3 Red Brera.jpg

3 GlasgowMito 4 Red Brera.jpg 3 GlasgowMito 5 Red Brera.jpg 3 GlasgowMito 6 Red Brera.jpg

·
Super Moderator
86,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's all the entries, get your vote in for whichever entry you think deserves to win :thumbs:

·
Registered
14,349 Posts
The beading on that 159 is something else.

I've said before that Breras should be banned because not much looks better than a shiny Brera. You could post your pics and say "Yeh, I washed it with fairy liquid and an old panscrub, and you'd still walk it". I think 159 wagons should be banned too. Our ancient, manky, battered, leggy CRV would then be a shoe-in.

·
Super Moderator
86,106 Posts

·
Super Moderator
86,106 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts