Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you think is it possible that the use of octane plus treatments for fuel can burn the lambda sensor ?
i use the best in the market (germany made)
because fuel here is ron 95, and when we use a tunning chip have to use ron 98 that not exists here, so i use octane plus.
there are only two things i made the last 20 days,
fit a new battery and use the octane plus.
So the ecu needs a reset or the octane plus maybe had burn my lambda !!!
cheers
Jorge

G

·
Hi Jorge
I wouldn't use any substance in the fuel unless the manufacture in writing guarantied it's not harming in any way the lambda or CAT. If the octane booster is depositing a anything in the CAT or on the lambda probe it will ruin them. But I don’t think this will turn on the injection warning light.
Your 16V engine is fitted with knock sensors for each cylinder, so unless the tuning chip overrides the ignition timing it shouldn't be necessary to run higher octane than 95 RON the engine is designed for.
I've got a map-able chip (Uni Chip) and haven't experienced any ignition knocking.
You have already reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery. Do you have an Alfa dealer with a Service/Repair shop in Montevideo? If so, I would have them check your ECU with their computer and the right programme. It can give a log of what has happened to the engine management system.
Good luck and Alfisti regards
Erik

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI ELP:
I STARTED USE LIQUI MOLY OCTANE PLUS BECAUSE IN MY COUNTRY THE BEST FUEL IS RON 95, BUT WHEN YOU PUT A SQUADRA-CHIP IT SAYS THAT YOU HAVE TO USE RON 98 SO IS FOR THAT I USE THE OCTANE PLUS.

AND HERE ISN´T ANY ALFA SERVICE WITH A COMPUTER TO CHECK THE SYSTEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHEN I SUPPOSE SOMETHING IS WORKING WRONG I HAVE TO CHANGE IT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS, THIS IS THE SITUATION !

REGARDS
JORGE

G

·
Hi Jorge
You don’t have many choices, then. If your car is running OK and not using a lot of fuel (an indication that the ECU is on emergency mode) I probably would ignore the light.
Maybe a competent auto electrician can find the fault and repair it; these days’ auto electricians are often the professionals to see when something like this happens.
Good luck and Alfisti regards
Erik

1 - 4 of 4 Posts