Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gtv v6 gets a good write up by art editor and owner Mark Sommer. Its the best classic magazine around and a sign of the gtv gaining credentials for classic status. Values can't stay this low for long, find a good one and hold onto it before you regret it.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
How is your Proteo beast running these days?

I had to check whether that Vela one with loads of miles on Autotrader wasn't your previous one.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Can octane magazine be had in sainsbury's and the like or is it subscription only? Quite fancy a read of this

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Proteo Beast is running as good as ever, still looks stunning and turns heads.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Well, in impatience and lack of desire to go to a newsagents I have just subscribed to Octane magazine £5 for 5 issues trial, with the digital edition included.
Just been through the sign up process, only to find that the digital version is only for b***dy iPad. Not supported for android. Rubbish. Why does everything have to be iPad/apple first with android version coming later, if ever?
Not the whole world is foolish enough to buy apple products. No mention of lack of Android compatibility in the pre-sales patter, very disappointing.
Still, I'll be getting the free disposable monkey-metal toolkit in the post, which is a bonus of sorts

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
It's good to read your second GTV V6 is still cutting the mustard gx337.

I noticed that strangely unpink one on eBay disappeared lastnight. I did online window shop it a few times but a Fiat Coupe I was perving has now gone too. It's a want rather than a need.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
You should be able to find it in whsmith and most of the supermarkets. Although e are not always that easy to find.
Just cancelled that subscription but was told by the guy on the phone that the hard copy edition that features the gtv, which I think must be September is not yet available in the shops?
Member Octane1, can you confirm which edition your car is in and when it can be purchased from a real shop?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Engine and Gearbox out fitted QUAIFE differential, cam belt, GTA clutch, lightweight flywheel, coolant pipes, gaskets plus other little bits they discovered that needed replacing. I thought I may as well while the engine was out.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Well, in impatience and lack of desire to go to a newsagents I have just subscribed to Octane magazine £5 for 5 issues trial, with the digital edition included.
Just been through the sign up process, only to find that the digital version is only for b***dy iPad. Not supported for android. Rubbish. Why does everything have to be iPad/apple first with android version coming later, if ever?
Ha - well, I assume that was a rhetorical question... Obviously it's because most of the world has chosen the iPad for this very reason.

Not the whole world is foolish enough to buy apple products. No mention of lack of Android compatibility in the pre-sales patter, very disappointing.
Not the whole world is foolish enough to buy Alfa Romeo cars either.

I did make the mistake of buying a Samsung Galaxy Note last year - a miserable experience on all levels, so I do understand the predicament.

Thanks for the entertainment value anyway!

-Alex

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
Galaxy Note - best phone I've ever had. Will be upgrading to the Note 2 soon.

Horses for courses I guess.

Looking forward to buying the mag and having a good read :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
People generally choose apple due to seriously heavy levels of marketing. In years past, they would often be the only company with such heavy marketing, which made the seem to be the only available provider of certain products, such as MP3 players. Apple claim to have invented the mp3 player with the ipod, yet i had a Creative mp3 player some years before the ipod appeared.
Tablets had been around for a very long time before the dawn of the ipad but their makers were slow to push them on the public.
It is as quoted horses for courses - and if we all liked and used the same stuff, good god, life would be boring and probably pebble shaped and white.
Looking forward to picking up the mag today and getting some inspiration to continue throwing money at my gtv!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I purchased the 'on the shelf' copy of octane with all the lambo's on it on Monday as I left the UK as I hadn't picked up an issue for a very long time. I must admit that I have enjoyed it hugely. The reporting is very good and the magazine of a high quality. I think I'll keep buying it as it if infinitely better than Autoitalia for my monthly fix of cars (over and above Classic and Sports cars that I have enjoyed for years).I bought Autoitalia too and other than the article on 'hot' GTV6's it's pretty rubbish. I honestly don't want to know all about a Fiat Cromo or whatever it is called . I remember now why i cancelled my subscription! Well done Octane, you have a convert and it's nice to see Mr M with a garage packed full of Italian classics (not that I'm biased or anything......

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Heh - I liked my FIAT Croma :)

Certainly can understand all the viewpoints expressed on this thread and will be keeping an eye out for Octane magazine when it gets here ;)

-Alex

·
Registered
506 Posts
No worries!

Look out for a future report on a huge amount of money I gave to Ned at Autolusso.
Nice article, look forward to reading more in future!

Have a few similarities to you:

black with red leather - I have the red style dash & doors also - best combo...
have spent alot with Autolusso - although at the Bournemouth one! incl clutch, lighter flywheel & Quaiffe diff

I've removed the spoiler and front splitter from mine, I think it looks alot prettier.

As you said , its a great car for the money - enjoy!

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts