Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't seem to trace an occasional performance problem on my 156 1.9 JTD 16v MJ, 2005. When the car is fully warm it will seem to judder for a few minutes as if it might stall. This only happens occassionaly particularly when accelorating from say 30 to 60 mph (coming out of a speed restricted village) with out changing gear. The car has 140k km or about 70,000miles, new cam belt last month, new MAF last Oct. and regular service and inspection. Annoying problem because as soon as you ask anyone to look at it,the fault won't occur. Any ideas?
Could it be the dreaded crank sensor or worse! Had the Maf changed after a diagnostic (Engin warning light).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
possible ECU problem 1.9JTD?

Can't seem to trace an occasional performance problem on my 156 1.9 JTD 16v MJ, 2005. When the car is fully warm it will seem to judder for a few minutes as if it might stall. This only happens occasionally particularly when accelerating from say 30 to 60 mph (coming out of a speed restricted village) with out changing gear. The car has 140k km or about 70,000 miles, new cam belt last month, new MAF last Oct. and regular service and inspection. Annoying problem because as soon as you ask anyone to look at it,the fault won't occur. Any ideas?
Could it be the dreaded crank sensor or worse! Had the Maf changed after a diagnostic (Engine warning light).
I got no replies to the above last March and thankfully the juddering went away.
Now the engine management symbol and light have come on. There is no obvious faults with the engine or performance, so I took it to my local Fiat garage for a diagnostic. They said the the EGR valve was gone and must be replaced (cost 500 euro).
There's no lumpy idling warm or cold, starts first time, accelerates well on all gears, cruses at 80 MPH, no noticeable increase in consumption and no black smoke anywhere. They were remarkably coy at the Fiat Garage with the results and didn't give me any printout.

When I had the MAF replaced last OCT the private mechanic never rest the warning light that was on but it just vanished on its own after a few weeks. now it's back again for the last 4 weeks.

This is very frustrating as I'm not sure what to look for. Only thing the car needs seems to be Lube Service (overdue by 3 weeks). What do I do ?
:cross-eyed::cross-eyed:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts