Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a really irritating problem on the Spider.
There are two (Torx?) bolts that secure the plastic fascia under the wipers to the body. I've tried to illustrate where they are on the attached pic.

One of them is now missing, and there's a real rattle at certain speeds. I've hunted far and wide and nothing I have fits... can anyone suggest how I find a replacement? And I know it's a tiny detail - but the noise really makes my blood boil!

Cheers
Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
alright Dave,

take a look at this, does it help?

emaps.jpg

item 10 or 13?

item 10 P/N:- 811900492 (total of 4 fitted to a vehicle)
item 13 P/N:- 60656973 (total of 2 fitted to a vehicle)

should easily get change from a fiver, depends on how many you have to buy as a 'minimum order' though ;)

oh and btw, used my 159 chassis number to get this info... maybe different for the Brera, although i doubt it, would be happy to check if you want to PM me your chassis number

Reactions: lussoman

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright Dave,

take a look at this, does it help?

View attachment 630874

item 10 or 13?

item 10 P/N:- 811900492 (total of 4 fitted to a vehicle)
item 13 P/N:- 60656973 (total of 2 fitted to a vehicle)

should easily get change from a fiver, depends on how many you have to buy as a 'minimum order' though ;)

oh and btw, used my 159 chassis number to get this info... maybe different for the Brera, although i doubt it, would be happy to check if you want to PM me your chassis number
That is so cool - thanks, mate. Appreciate the quick reply, too.
I didn't realise that you can do that from the chassis number. Impressive. I'm not in the Spider today, but will ping you my chassis number tomorrow out of interest.

It's guessing the offending item is number 13 on your diagram. But I'll gladly buy some of each to stop the rattling at +/- 50mph! I've found a few in the garage that fit depth-wise but have the wrong pitch. Good old Italians, hey?

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
They look like bog-standard screws - any decent car accessory shop (even Halfords!) will stock something suitable.

Edit: almost simultaneous posting!

I don't think pitch will matter, as I assume they are going into sheet metal so there's no thread for them to screw into.

·
Registered
332 Posts
That is so cool - thanks, mate. Appreciate the quick reply, too.
I didn't realise that you can do that from the chassis number. Impressive. I'm not in the Spider today, but will ping you my chassis number tomorrow out of interest.

It's guessing the offending item is number 13 on your diagram. But I'll gladly buy some of each to stop the rattling at +/- 50mph! I've found a few in the garage that fit depth-wise but have the wrong pitch. Good old Italians, hey?
from memory 13 is about 25p each and 10 is about 65p each.

you got lucky, was my 1st visit in a while. half the battle isnt what ePER holds for any given vehicle... its finding it. Some things are really well hidden in strange places, im pretty sure things get lost in translation sometimes. One of my favourites is washer jet units are labelled as 'Sprinkle' strange choice of translation but actually quite accurate ;)

also could be item 7 P/N:- 735266957 a little more expensive at £1.60 each. Google the part number and they are pretty standard items from a motor factors or even off ebay, could probably get 25 for £1.60.

what does the item screw/push into?
if it is into a bare metal hole, you'll need item 7
or
if it's into a little white or black plastic insert, as pictured item 11, you would need 10 or 13

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I junked the broad thread self tappers as the screww holes for the scuttle covers allow nuts to be placed under the metal in the engine bay
- used discreet internal hex bolts and nyloc nuts with suitable washers.
More secure and so does not flap around at all.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I junked the broad thread self tappers as the screww holes for the scuttle covers allow nuts to be placed under the metal in the engine bay
- used discreet internal hex bolts and nyloc nuts with suitable washers.
More secure and so does not flap around at all.
Now that's a good idea. And I really wish I'd thought of that before posting, cos I reckon it's a better solution.

Thanks to you all.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
washer jet units are labelled as 'Sprinkle' strange choice of translation but actually quite accurate ;)
Hahahaha - from now on they'll be known as "Sprinklers" at Chateau Dave. Classic.
I obviously need to do some googling on ePER, as I've nevereven heard of it before.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Dave, thanks for the PM

i can confirm that they are slightly different between spider and 159/brera.

heres the picture
spider.jpg

and heres your part numbers
Untitled.jpg

i took out the info relating to your chassis/engine numbers but as you can see it relates to one in the PM you sent :)

looks like youll need a number 7 which are the push fit 'christmas trees' either from AR at silly money per item or a few off ebay for not a lot of money. as mentioned in my previous post :thumbup:

hope this helps you and somebody else

·
Registered
332 Posts
panel/trim clip dimensions for anyone else wondering without wanting to go out and measure...

Head Width:- 20mm
Shaft Length:- 14mm
Shaft Width:- 8mm (this is for a 'used' clip. would expect to see it at 8.5/9mm if new)

hole in panel and body work is 8mm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts