Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought i would get myself a bluetooth OBD interface and also the Torque pro app. I already have a plug in
U480 Scanner Car Fault Code Reader which works with no problems.
Anyway,i plugged the dongle into my 2007 2.4 Brera and all hell let loose. The air bag lights flashed on,doors kept locking and unlocking,head unit flashed up a problem,cant quite remember what it said,but it wouldnt work.
Unplugged it quickly and all settled down. I contacted the seller of the dongle and expressed my concerns. The reply was to disconnect the battery and try again. I thought i would give it a go so disconnected for ten minutes the tried again. Same problem,all flashing and clicking started again.
The car has now settled back down again but dont want to try it again.
Anybody had a problem like this?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
It has been reported previously on these forums, protocol unsupported most likely. The solution was to return the dongle and buy a different type.

I have one like
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Latest-EL...ner-Bluetooth-for-Android-PC-BR-/391086485604
which works fine with Torque and 2008 Alfa 147 1.9 16v JTD with a Bosch EDC16C39.

However, although it supposedly turns itself off after 30mins inactive, all it really does is turn off BT. Left in the OBD2 socket for a week, it flattened the battery.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the one i have so should be cmpatable. Proscan ELM Bluetooth for Android Phones
100% compatible with Torque
NEWEST VERSION 1.5 and fully compatible with the Torque faster communication feature
Will wait for a reply from seller and go from there.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
It's compatibility with EOBD, the dialect that Alfa speaks, that is probably the issue. OBD2 compatibility by itself isn't enough.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's compatibility with EOBD, the dialect that Alfa speaks, that is probably the issue. OBD2 compatibility by itself isn't enough.
Thanks for that.Got to be honest,can't really get the old gray matter around electronics.May order the one you have

1 - 5 of 5 Posts