·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm planning on buying a obd2 tool that should be able to do the following:
read error codes
delete error codes
tweak some parameters (for example delete egr, enable graphics on screen for the parking sensors, enable cruise control etc)
maybe log data, create graphs

My car is 1.9 diesel 159, first registered in 2007.

I'm situated in Estonia, and the only one i found for sale in here is this one (see pictures). In the item description it says that it works on KWP2000 / ISO9141 protocol and that its meant for cars up to 2005.. but does this really matter?

If that one wouldn't cut it, I'm open to suggestions.

I'm ready to buy the licensed version of MultiECUScan for software, but first I would want a guarantee that I have an interface that works.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry bro but there is no such OBD cable to allow you delete egr :) To do so you need K-Line cable and MPPS software and of course knowledge how to find needed bytes to change then to achieve what you want.

Regarding making adjustments via MultiEcuScan - yeah me too have few OBD readers but only work with ENGINE ecu, and doesnt work on CAN. SO im buying new ones from aliexpress and testing :D
Many manufacturers recommends OBDKey reader. Never tried IMO too expensive.
Also good option but less expensive OBDLink MX, but dont know is there sellers in europe.

Also if your car have only rear parking sensors i guess even if you enable graphics - it wont work. I read somewhere in this forum.

Also there is application for mobile phone called AlfaOBD - it does all the same that MultiEcuScan does but for mobile. COsts the same as MultiEcuScan but licence is for all future updates too.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
To expand on the above, Autolusso do a remote EGR blank, comes with cable, CD and blanking plate, not sure how its actually performed though....

MES and a relevant cable set is the way forward - like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-ELM-OBD2-6-x-ADAPTERS-DIAGNOSTIC-CABLE-ALFA-FIAT-JEEP-CHRYSLER-FIATECUSCAN-/282375302911 This will allow you to perform almost any changes you need, the adpater sallow you to access other ECUs, a KKL (or K-Line) cable is also a good idea too.

The graphic on the display is generally for cars with front & rear sensors, tthere is a different control unit, so it might not work if you don't have this - I have also seen similar threads.

A cheap bluetooth OBD scanner is great for keeping in the car, and various apps are only a few quid - Torque is a great one providing you have an Android phone - plus it'll work on all other OBD II cars.

·
Registered
35 Posts
To expand on the above, Autolusso do a remote EGR blank, comes with cable, CD and blanking plate, not sure how its actually performed though..
Yes you can disable egr via OBD i did that, but to do so you need to read ECU software to a file, modify it and then write back. I guess Autolusso made application that do that. WHat i meant when said that you can't do that - i meant in regular way via lets say MultiEcuScan and so on.

Today i've ordered this https://allegro.pl/oferta/stn2120-elm327-v4-diagnoza-obd2-ms-can-ford-polski-7551607522 it's essentially ObdLink MX+ in 1/3 of the price. It uses the same chip as OBDLink MX+ [STN2120 from technical point of view this is super fast chip] (there is also Bluetooth version https://allegro.pl/oferta/polski-elm327-v4-bluetooth-ms-hs-can-ford-stn2120-7551888936 )
Also professionals dont recommend using bluetooth or wifi adapters, wire is the best because for can needs high speeds and data should never break. Of course this doesn't mean that Bluetooth or Wifi doesnt work.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Yes you can disable egr via OBD i did that, but to do so you need to read ECU software to a file, modify it and then write back. I guess Autolusso made application that do that. WHat i meant when said that you can't do that - i meant in regular way via lets say MultiEcuScan and so on.

Today i've ordered this https://allegro.pl/oferta/stn2120-elm327-v4-diagnoza-obd2-ms-can-ford-polski-7551607522 it's essentially ObdLink MX+ in 1/3 of the price. It uses the same chip as OBDLink MX+ [STN2120 from technical point of view this is super fast chip] (there is also Bluetooth version https://allegro.pl/oferta/polski-elm327-v4-bluetooth-ms-hs-can-ford-stn2120-7551888936 )
Also professionals dont recommend using bluetooth or wifi adapters, wire is the best because for can needs high speeds and data should never break. Of course this doesn't mean that Bluetooth or Wifi doesnt work.
No, quite right, MES won't do an EGR disable - I just thought I'd mention Autolusso can do a remote one.

Also, agree with the wired vs bluetooth methods, my bluetooth adapter is not the most stable of connections, so it only gets used for reading/clearing any engine ECU fault codes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts