Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Does anyone here use any OBD data logging for track days ?
Perhaps something that is /can be combined with a camera ?

I currently have Harry's Lap timer on my iPhone, and its absolutely junk.
It works off GPS and with the GPS being of poor quality, it gives junk data.
It states my lap times were twice of what they were in reality, and shows I was in the gravel traps throughout the laps. Absolute pants, as they say here.

So, I would like to avoid using any GPS based tools, and use the OBD data, as it can give me accurate data of speed, throttle, brake, revs etc.

If it could be combined with the iPhone accelerometer/ G meter it would be absolutely great :)

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I have aLapHD on my Android based phone that can integrate with OBD - I have not done it yet though :rolleyes:. As I need to purchase the full version - it is cheap enough - but I just don't get around to doing it. The G sensor is a bit sensitive, so it jumps around a bit.

I use RaceChrono as my laptimer (no video) . With the internal 1Hz GPS and the math it does to extrapolate your crossing the line - it is within 0.5s accurate of official timing. Its positional accuracy is about 10m, so it will not show your precise race lines, use video analysis for that. You can link an external bluetooth GPS (up to 10Hz) to both mentioned Apps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts