Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Oakmere Car Show

Tags
oakmere show
2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Metat014 
#1 ·
Our valiant secretary Adrian organised an East Anglia section meet up at the Oakmere Car show just outside Eye on the 18 September, a reasonably good turn out with three classics and a variety of later models from the club.
A great pity this was not more widely publicised, there were probably about 150 cars in total, it was in aid of the Air Ambulance and Blood Runners but there was masses of space for other vehicles. Still there were plenty of interesting cars to look at, the weather was reasonable but it didn't rain so it was a pleasant day.
No charge for entry but donations were welcome, I personally think that if the section organises a meet up then it would be a good idea for the AR organiser in future events of this nature when there is no entrance fee to collect donations from the AR entrants and present the total to the charities concerned, they are always worthwhile and this will create goodwill for the club.
Do others agree with this suggestion?

#4 ·
As far as I know I am. I've never had any emails from the east anglia section tho. Just the main ones from the A.R. owners club which just seem to be the larger events. Even the aroc east anglia page hasn't been updated since Jan 2015.

#7 ·
Oakmere Classic and Sports Car Show

Have managed to obtain details for the above event taking place on the 17 September 2017 at:

The Oaksmere,
Rectory Road,
Brome,
Nr Eye,
IP23 8AJ

Admission is £3.00 and is supporting Blood Runners/Guide Dogs for the Blind.

It is understood that there will be an Alfa Romeo stand but it is not yet known who will be co-ordinating. Last year we had a good turn out and it is hoped that this will be reciprocated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.