Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I rang 2 dealers parts depts today.
Both were busy.
In both cases I was asked to leave my name and number "and they will ring back".
One did.
One didn't.
Guess the name of the one that didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would it be the one who also failed to reply to an internet query of mine and whose sales folk wouldn't speak to you when you went to look at a Fiat Spider?

·
Administrator
45,750 Posts
I'm going to guess at Mangos.

My local mechanic uses Mangos if he needs parts for the relevant make for a job. He told me he reckons they've taken on so many makes now that their parts department simply can't cope. Says it takes an age to get anything out of them, and suggested I source some parts myself coz I'd probably get them quicker and save myself money.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to guess at Mangos.

My local mechanic uses Mangos if he needs parts for the relevant make for a job. He told me he reckons they've taken on so many makes now that their parts department simply can't cope. Says it takes an age to get anything out of them, and suggested I source some parts myself coz I'd probably get them quicker and save myself money.
Stuart & Bazza have it.

They are appalling for customer service.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I rang said garage up a few weeks ago to get a new wheel arch liner and have it fitted last Friday.

A week after I arranged it and 4 days or so before it was due to be fitted, they rang me up to rearrange it as they need 5 working days to get it shipped over from Italy and it won’t be in on Friday in time to fit it.

Not sure what they were doing for the first week, ordering the part in time probably wasn’t one of them.

I’d arranged a day off work on that Friday as I’d been away for a few days previously at the football and wasn’t due back until late on Thursday and it was a 10am do it while I wait appointment. When rearranging it, I asked for a Saturday fitting so I don’t need to worry about getting the car there when working, but they wouldn’t let me book it for Saturday as they may need Alfa’s assistance on the phone or the relevant qualified people may not be available. It’s a wheel arch lining not a new engine.

I’m not sure how Alfa in Italy expect to move into the premium car market in the UK with dealers who can’t get the basics right. If they entice people away from other brands with a good product, they’ll struggle to keep them if they can’t accommodate customer requests for simple work to be carried out at a convenient time and location and have the parts delivered when they are needed at the first time of asking.

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
I rang said garage up a few weeks ago to get a new wheel arch liner and have it fitted last Friday.

A week after I arranged it and 4 days or so before it was due to be fitted, they rang me up to rearrange it as they need 5 working days to get it shipped over from Italy and it won’t be in on Friday in time to fit it.

Not sure what they were doing for the first week, ordering the part in time probably wasn’t one of them.

I’d arranged a day off work on that Friday as I’d been away for a few days previously at the football and wasn’t due back until late on Thursday and it was a 10am do it while I wait appointment. When rearranging it, I asked for a Saturday fitting so I don’t need to worry about getting the car there when working, but they wouldn’t let me book it for Saturday as they may need Alfa’s assistance on the phone or the relevant qualified people may not be available. It’s a wheel arch lining not a new engine.

I’m not sure how Alfa in Italy expect to move into the premium car market in the UK with dealers who can’t get the basics right. If they entice people away from other brands with a good product, they’ll struggle to keep them if they can’t accommodate customer requests for simple work to be carried out at a convenient time and location and have the parts delivered when they are needed at the first time of asking.
I'm glad I only buy cars that are 2-3 years old, and can avoid this sort of nonsense...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts