Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
147 gta Voitures Hautes-Pyrénées - leboncoin.fr

looks lovely and very little use... ignore the price:mad:
Why 'mad'?

Don't ignore the price, it just goes to show even the expensive ones in th UK are 'cheap' compared to other countries.

Hopefully people in this country will start to see the GTAs', & GTVs', potential investment & UK prices will begin to rise dramatically.:)

Clive

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
My GTA got a lot of attention when I took her to Spain and France in the summer.

In France I overtook a pug on the motorway, looked in my mirror to tuck back in, I noticed the driver with his phone taking a pic of my car :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a great feeling when you see someone take note of your GTA (or Alfa :)). I overtook a clio Rs and had a thumbs up from the guy - there's no mistaking that the GTA is a thing of beauty... and beast!

I should have the gearbox back in this weekend then back on the road again all being well.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Pulled up at the lights a few days ago and an R32 pulled up behind me. Guy revved his engine and pointed up at me, so I gave mine a quick blip. Got a big thumbs up. Haha.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Pulled up at the lights a few days ago and an R32 pulled up behind me. Guy revved his engine and pointed up at me, so I gave mine a quick blip. Got a big thumbs up. Haha.
Nice, my friend has an R32, he was convinced it's quicker than the GTA. Had a play on an empty dual carriageway from about 50 mph until he was just a blur in the background. No excuses at all from him, he said once he was behind he just wound the window down to listen to the GTA, absolute amazement from him....

He's now getting a Milltek fitted to try and make up for it :lol:

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Nice, my friend has an R32, he was convinced it's quicker than the GTA. Had a play on an empty dual carriageway from about 50 mph until he was just a blur in the background. No excuses at all from him, he said once he was behind he just wound the window down to listen to the GTA, absolute amazement from him....

The 0-60 time of the GTA is quite misleading. Once they are off the line they are pretty quick.

My GT was as quick as a focus RS Mk2 the other day. I was really surprised as I expected him to dust me off in no time.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts

Very nice but what relevance to this thread?

OA/Joe I think you've currently got a GT not a GTA, perhaps you should be posting this in the GT or even one of the 'General' lounges?;)

Footnote, there's also an R32 Nissan Skyline GT-R which I suspect is quite a bit quicker than most GTAs & 3.2 GTs.

Clive

·
Administrator
60,346 Posts
Yes, I've deleted 11 posts in this tech thread, and yes, you will receive a message from the admin helper.

Please refrain from insulting each other. All reports will be marked done, thank you.

·
Registered
961 Posts
General comment about posting links to Autotrader. If you used your postcode when searching (as you usually do on Autotrader) then that gets embedded into the URLs your browser is using to display the ads - so that Autotrader can tell you "XX miles from A11 2BC".

If you don't want people to know your postcode, and that there might be a pretty Alfa residing there, make sure you edit any links before posting them on public forums.. So for the example above, chop the end of the link off (you only need the bit up to and including the long number after the word "advert/")

Like this:

Alfa Romeo 156 3.2 V6 24V GTA 4dr

It also means that for people who click on it, if they have used autotrader before, it will correctly show the distance from their postcode (as the site drops a cookie) rather than your postcode!

Just mentioning cos I've seen it a lot on AO recently.. :thumbs:

Olly

1 - 17 of 17 Posts