Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls,

I have just bought a Nuvola Blue GT and want to give her a good polish over the weekend.

I have no idea what products to use however!

Could anyone give me any pointers on maintaining a Nuvola Blue car please?

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Nuvola blue GT sounds nice!!!!

Nuvola really is no different to keep than any other metallic finish. Just get yourself some good quality polish and wax (I use meguires but different people like different brands - just make sure it is good stuff). If I were you I would give the car a good wash, clay bar it, rinse it, polish it, wax it and then seal it :thumbs: It's a lot of work the first time around but once its done it will last a while and you can keep on top of it was just washing it often with a good Ph neutral car shampoo :)

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
I had a Nuvola blue 156 and now have a Nuvola white 147 - what I have posted above is all I do to mine :)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nuvola blue GT sounds nice!!!!

Nuvola really is no different to keep than any other metallic finish. Just get yourself some good quality polish and wax (I use meguires but different people like different brands - just make sure it is good stuff). If I were you I would give the car a good wash, clay bar it, rinse it, polish it, wax it and then seal it :thumbs: It's a lot of work the first time around but once its done it will last a while and you can keep on top of it was just washing it often with a good Ph neutral car shampoo :)
Thanks buddy. :thumbs:

I have never been into detailing before as I have always lived in apartments with no hosepipe access.

I bought a house a few years ago but have only just got around to fitting an outdoor tap, so can finally start looking after my cars myself rather than paying valeters!

Which leads me to ask - can you expand on the above please?! The most car care I have ever been involved in is a quick wash and T cut afterwards!

What is a clay bar and how do I use one? What type of polish should I use? I thought polishes generally had a colour tint to them? Or can you get clear ones? How do I apply wax and what purpose does that serve? How do I seal the car when i am done?

Please be gentle and no laughing you lot - you have to learn sometime! :eek:

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
As Bri says there is loads of info in the detailing section :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts