Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am now actively looking for a Duetto spider and need to sell one of my GTAs, I currently have two white 147 GTAs!

I bought my first GTA a few years back and had it for a couple of years before moving abroad, I sold it on to an Alfisti and longed for her back ever since. It took me probably 1 - 2 years to find another white 147 GTA after coming back and I have now had that one for approximately 2 years, I bought with the intention of never selling.....Since then I have managed to get my hands on my original and have two! I toyed with the idea of keeping one as a garage queen and drive the other more frequently. However, after missing out on a Duetto this week, I need to "try" and sell the GTA.

I bought the GTA from a member on here pre advertising (I was begging anyone that had a white one to sell.) The unfortunate thing was that it had very limited service history, but it had invoice for things like a Q2 upgrade etc. and it drove amazingly well so I went for it on condtion that I saw it in.

2003 in Nuvola Bianco (Pearlescent white) with 59k miles. Same elderly owner for the early part of it's life, which lead to the loss of history after he passed away. 330 mm Brembos and Q2, 17" Teledials and everything else standard.

After collecting, I took it straight down to Graham Eddy Motori in June 2014 (Who looks after them both) for an inspection and full service includes belts and pump and various repairs Inc P.A.S leaks. Radiator and various pipes. Totalling £2,498.

Since then it has had another oil and filter service by GE Motori in November 2015, new slave cylinder and both track rods replaced. 2 front Goodyear asym2 at the end of October 2015. Used std back mid and rear exhaust section fitted. 2015.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The door has been resprayed after a scrape (previous owner) and I believe the handle was not removed and a section has since bubbled away and was on the list of things to sort (see pics).

The calipers cosmetically could do with painting

The alloys have been refurbished but have 2 sections of curbing

The interior seats are in good condition but the steering wheel and gear stick show wear.

Pricing is the hard part, I am thinking that eBay auction is the best bet, just giving you guys a heads up first in case anyone wants to make me an offer. eBay will probably be at the weekend if not.

Any questions, give me a shout, pm or [email protected] and I can give you my number.

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I have touched on it in a few other threads, but feel free to comment on the car or ask any questions.

Cheers,
Alex

·
Registered
124 Posts
Will have a proper look at pics when I get home......hopeless on a mobile with my eyesight !!

Whereabouts are you based ?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bodmin in Cornwall.

Bear in mind the pictures are deliberately a bit amateur to try and show the condition/flaws.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Bodmin in Cornwall.

Bear in mind the pictures are deliberately a bit amateur to try and show the condition/flaws.
Ok thanks, shame it's a 5hr drive away ! Have another to see closer to home but may come back to this if that doesn't pan out.........car looks good, lots of potential :thumbup:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks, shame it's a 5hr drive away ! Have another to see closer to home but may come back to this if that doesn't pan out.........car looks good, lots of potential :thumbup:
What a brilliant way to spend 5 hours on the way back though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts