Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a lazy bugger I don't care to go surfing the net in order to find a source of the above ( tried bt met with little success ), and the Screwfix website does my brain in ! Does anyone know where on the net I can source a box of mixed sizes of the above ?

·
Registered
5,245 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why not use the ol' yellow pages and go source stuff from
your local fasteners supplier. Keep the local businesses ticking over?

If not RS are pretty good.

Welcome to rswww.com

Where I live there a doznes of wine bars, pubs and restaurants, and more posh ladies frock shops and jewellers than you can shake a big stick at. It also used to have a fabulous hardward store until about 5 years ago and now it is a Cafe Nero !

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
finding this sort of thing doesnt involve a lot of searching, in google type 'assorted nuts and bolts' and her presto the first listing is this Blackspur 450Pc Assorted Nuts,Bolts And Washers In Storage Box only £10.76 - Buy Online or Call 0800 310 2852
I actually did put "Nuts and Bolts" into Google, but I couldn't find anyone who listed an assortment box of differing types of N & B - hence my post to this forum. Not only that, but it is also good to get a recommendation from somebody else !

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
I actually did put "Nuts and Bolts" into Google, but I couldn't find anyone who listed an assortment box of differing types of N & B - hence my post to this forum. Not only that, but it is also good to get a recommendation from somebody else !
Nuts and bolts is a little too generic to get any meaningful results.....if you are looking to buy something have a think about what the product will be listed as and search for that........ie Assorted Nuts and Bolts as opposed to just Nuts and Bolts :thumbs:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I want a decent sized box of mixed size nuts and bolts. UNC or UNF seem to be the choice. I guess that these are the thread types, and would have been either metric or ASW in the olden days ? Is that correct ? If so, what would be the type that are probably most widely stocked if wanted to buy more ?

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Nuts and bolts is a little too generic to get any meaningful results.....if you are looking to buy something have a think about what the product will be listed as and search for that........ie Assorted Nuts and Bolts as opposed to just Nuts and Bolts :thumbs:
Speaking of nuts, hey Rafe ! :D

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
I want a decent sized box of mixed size nuts and bolts. UNC or UNF seem to be the choice. I guess that these are the thread types, and would have been either metric or ASW in the olden days ? Is that correct ? If so, what would be the type that are probably most widely stocked if wanted to buy more ?
just buy ones that start with an 'M' fairly universal metric sizes these days

ie M8, M10, M13 etc

K

·
0 Posts
NAMRICK :

Excellent website. Whatever you need will be on there and there is lots of explanation of thread pitches etc. too.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
If you are near South London or the A3 then Margnor in Guildford is a proper old fashioned fastener shop with all types and sizes in stock, plus knowlegable human beings to help you. Operate a telephone / postal service so worth a call. We use them for work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts