Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Question 1-- i am just wondering i seen some cars with an extra small front numbers , just wondering were do I get one from ?

Question 2 -- I am looking to re-map my cloverleaf, just wondering were should I get it done (recommended places please) and if I get it done will it ran at when re-mapped?

Thank you

·
Registered
436 Posts
had remap to my gqv by celtic tuning.they are mobile and into alfas.check there website.car now has 275 bhp cant recall torque but have certificate somewhere.good map lots of fun:thumbup:got group discount and was around 230 but will be more othwewise

·
Registered
30,104 Posts
Question 1-- I am just wondering I've seen some cars with an extra small front numbers, just wondering were do I get one from?
Completely illegal to use on the road and liable for a pull from the boys (and girls) in blue.

Fancyplates.com have a 3/4 size front plate listed (390mm X 84mm)
I've seen smaller than that on the roads, but don't have details of a supplier.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Completely illegal to use on the road and liable for a pull from the boys (and girls) in blue.

Fancyplates.com have a 3/4 size front plate listed (390mm X 84mm)
I've seen smaller than that on the roads, but don't have details of a supplier.
+1 on that.

I think the rules are not about the size of the plate itself, but the size and spacing of the characters. So, if you want to stay legal and get rid of the number plate plinth off the front you would need a 'personalised registration' with either 6 characters or less, or because 1 is a narrow character an 11 registration. Spaced properly, that should be enough to make the plinth redundant

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
30,104 Posts
Yep, you can get a 100% fully legal 5 character UK plate down to 338mm x 101mm
I had mine made up by Fancyplates.com

Shorter than that if the number is a "1".

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Just remember it's the size & spacing of the characters that's important, if you have a full size plate, you can cut it down so that it has the minimum border, but what will cause unwanted attention is if you use 'motorcycle' sized number plates with 3/4 sized characters. A friend of mine had s VX220 with a motorcycle sized number plate. In the end he mounted it on Velcro and kept a full sized one in the boot he got pulled over that often.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts