Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll shortly be placing an order for a 159 1.9 Jtdm Sportwagon Lusso.

I'm having a quandry on what colour to choose. I'm loving the black but not sure if it looks too much like a 'pimped' hearse and am worried that Tim Westwood will pop out and 'pinch' my shoulder.

Can anyone recommend a good website to get a better idea of the colour to go for? I've checked the configurator on the Alfa site but don't think it's the best and the small 'swatches' in the brochure doesn't give a proper idea of what it looks like on the car.

Also, what colour are the wing mirrors on the Lusso? Are they 'body' coloured or chrome?

Internally we'll be going all black - I quite like the tan but the wife isn't keen as she feels it's to 'orangey'.

Edited to say that I'll be going for a metallic paint - not sure if that makes a difference to the wing mirror colour but it appears like it does on the configurator!

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Alfa Red

·
Registered
19 Posts
There's white if you want the pimped ambulance look!

Try the Autolusso site, they have photos of all the best colours - you'll see the mirrors are body coloured.

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
If we had them in SA, I would go for black

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.

We won't be getting red for two reasons; one I'm from Manchester and secondly the wife once went to a psychic :confused:

I'd be interested in white if, and only if, it was just a weekend drive only but probably impractical for 500 miles a week, which is my only concern with the black.

I wanted to see the blue options as they weren't in the dealership but Aurora seems to be a little bland (neither light or dark) and if I go Otreman then I might as well go black!

U

·
0 Posts
Alfa Rosso

If you get a black one you might as well have bought an Audi :lol:

·
Registered
202 Posts
If you're getting a dark colour, have a look at a beige interior - it's a lot nicer than it sounds! Makes it seem more spacious too.

A

·
0 Posts
will never buy black again to much looking after.
looks way better in red i reckon.

N

·
0 Posts
Yes Alfa red, a flat colour for the
price of a metallic finish.

:rolleyes:

Carbonio, if you want a sexy slightly mean look.

Otherwise just choose one of the "also ran" colours. :)

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Whassarong with the redda? In Manchester ...?

Will the Chavs think you're a Scouser?

Or are you a City supporter (seing as all the Utd. supporters live in London)?

Ralf S.

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
Stromboli for something different :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts