Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
be spending Christmas day all on my own with the TV and Computer and a little beer or some

am waiting for the day I get back to work ... the reason being, because I don't
want to be temped to drink any more than I do when given free time:)

I need the thought of work to discipline me

·
Administrator
23,041 Posts
Free time - so possibly too much booze? The fact you recognise it sounds like a positive to me Q.

For what it's worth after I divorced I spent a few Christmas Days on my own without the kids. But - you know what ? I LOVED it .

I went for walks and cooked my own Christmas Dinner. It wasn't sad. I lived in Eltham S.London which is mainly a cosy suburb (despite the appalling events relating to Stephen Lawrence).

As I walked around the block (Riefield Road area) on Christmas day morning I could hear family arguments as I strolled past. I was thankful that I could go home, cook, read a book, watch a film and have no pressure on me.

I could have gone home and drunk myself into oblivion cursing the fact that I had lost it all - believe me it would have been an easy option as I have a propensity, but I resisted.

Enjoy your freedom Q - and yes - lay off the booze - we WILL check you out over the holiday.

M

·
0 Posts
I'll be joining you if you don't mind Quinn......but I'm looking forward to 10 days away from work as of 6pm this evening.....a little time by myself, with the odd meeting with only the very closest of friends/family, is just what I need.

Whatever you get up to Quinn...be at peace:)

·
Registered
20,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll be joining you if you don't mind Quinn......but I'm looking forward to 10 days away from work as of 6pm this evening.....a little time by myself, with the odd meeting with only the very closest of friends/family, is just what I need.

Whatever you get up to Quinn...be at peace:lol:
that's fixed :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts