Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
38,706 Posts
I like those wheels but they look way too small on the Giulietta.

Maybe the 17" versions would look better...

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like those wheels but they look way too small on the Giulietta.

Maybe the 17" versions would look better...

You're right but they are 5x98 whereas Giuliettas are 5 x 110 and the centre bore is 58.1 whereas Giuliettas are 65.1, so either all the hubs have been changed so that the wheels will fit or the wheels have been remanufactured so that they fit. It appears as though the wheels are standard so it does look as if its been messed with.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
I went to look at this bad boy yesterday on the way home from work, its on 15mm hub converters looks weird and has an iffy 1st so deleted it from my list of possible returns to Guiletta ownership!

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
I think i'm gonna go 2.0 JTDM this time as 105 was ok but i want a bit more poke :)

·
Registered
38,706 Posts
My Hill holder works, but I don't trust it to rely on it...

I normally just use the handbrake as you would normally.

Zoo, my car is for sale if you are interested?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I think i'm gonna go 2.0 JTDM this time as 105 was ok but i want a bit more poke :)
I got trounced for the first time in 28 months the other week. It was a Vauxhall 4x4 something or other which looked more like a rather large very bland hatchback from the rear with "Sports" emblazoned on the back. Certainly had something big under the hood as my Alfa was no match on the straights. Full respect to the guy though as he kept to limits going though small villages (as I always do).

Sharing a drink might have been interesting as could have mentioned he'd just managed to pass the most economical in the Alfa range - so wouldn't be a good idea to meet any of the others :biglaugh:

Could really have done with the 140, not that it changed the outcome as the Alfa still disappeared into the distance :byebye:

·
Registered
1,800 Posts

I use it al the time and never had a problem. It doesn't hold on gentle slopes but that's easy enough to correct if the car starts dropping back.

It does take a while to get used to though - mainly the fact you need to apply a fair bit of throttle to disengage.

·
Registered
36,875 Posts

Zoo, my car is for sale if you are interested?
You really have little faith in most aspects of your Giulietta!
I find the hill holder quite intuitive, but don't understand the reference elsewhere to needing to use the throttle to release it?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
....but don't understand the reference elsewhere to needing to use the throttle to release it?
...because if you only apply a gentle amount of throttle then you wont disengage the lock - and the timer will eventually expire (it starts when you take your foot off the brake).

If that happens then there's a fair chance the car will roll back and/or you stall the engine.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Interesting...perhaps I have never been in a situation for it to engage.

Will look out for it in future. :thumbup:
it's very unintrusive... the brakes are just held a bit while you move your foot from brake to throttle but as you apply throttle the brakes disengage, if the hill you're on is steep enough.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I use it al the time and never had a problem. It doesn't hold on gentle slopes but that's easy enough to correct if the car starts dropping back.

It does take a while to get used to though - mainly the fact you need to apply a fair bit of throttle to disengage.

that's understandable, isn't it? the system needs to be sure you won't roll back, be it a 6% slope or 26%....

·
Registered
38,706 Posts
You really have little faith in most aspects of your Giulietta!
I find the hill holder quite intuitive, but don't understand the reference elsewhere to needing to use the throttle to release it?
I have faith in it not breaking down. If it did it would be the first Alfa I have owned to do so.

I don't really drive in a way that the hill holder is needed to be honest. I think I have felt it kick in whilst reversing back up my drive as it is sloped but it doesn't happen all the time.

Maybe because I haven't really felt it kick in that I don't trust it?

What is the best way to get it to work so that I can try it?

·
Registered
38,706 Posts
Shall have a go tomorrow.

But it does go against how I have been driving for the last 20 years, as I have never had a hill hold before. I would normally automatically use the handbrake.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts