Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Antonia has an issue (again) Here's the facts.....

She starts, drives and goes beautifully, but won't idle. This first happened earlier tonight, I thought I had stalled her, restarted no problem cranking, fired straight up, but when i remove my foot from the throttle, engine dies (battery and oil lamp light up) She fires up again the Injector light stays lit for a few seconds then goes out, no other warning lights.

She is a 158k PH1 TS.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Regards
VBM:titanic:

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
It could be the idle control valve that is stuck closed.
Try tap on the black component on the side on the throttle body to see it it get loose.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Same problem with my spider at the moment think i'll be calling the nice AA man at the weekend to see if he/she can diagnose .

·
Registered
497 Posts
Idle valve... not called that but can't remember proper term, whacking it with a hammer works for a bit but it will,have crap in it and needs cleaning. Search the forum for instructions and it's a 10 min job :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem "Solved"

Hi I appear to have sorted the problem. The throttle cable was a little slack, I removed the clip that holds the cable in place, adjusted the position of the cable and re-seated the clip flush to bit the cable goes through and hey presto she starts and runs, drove through town to test and no issues at all. Dansolo, it may be worth you checking this.

Regards

VBM
:teacher::smoker::driving::cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts