Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys so I have seen many people on the forum making points about the Novitec box and it's settings and how it effects the car performance.

So I contacted Squadra Sportiva who have now taken over the Alfa portion of Novitec to ask a number of queries as to how the box performs and what setup their test car had.

Here are some answers to the queries I had;

• [/
  • Test car was standard GQV with BMC filter
  • Setting 6 is the standard map and the claimed figures are based on setting 6
  • Increasing the setting above 6 both increases torque and power by 4% per step
  • Decreasing the setting below 6 decreases the torque and power by 4% per step
  • Increasing the setting above 6 may create errors and really depends on a number of factors such as your car setup, climate, altitude, etc
    LIST]

So yes a downpipe and exhaust that is going to have less back pressure is going to increase your chances of being able to run higher settings without error but someone up on the plateau in the heat of the day with a performance exhaust system may struggle more to utilize the max setting than one at the cool coast with a stock GQV.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I may be selling my Powerjet, GP1 AND BMC air filter (which is basically still new) if all goes according to plan

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Romeo on AOSA we have a donating spirit. Im 1st in line forbthe Novitec donation thank you! Im curently using Eric's novitec!...

But if all goes to MY plan(maybe not even Gods plan) Ill sell GQV and get a GQV SC...

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
@PuroAlfista...you really dont need to go higher than setting 6. Of you do hen stay at 7...most of my kills vome at setting 7, its the best drivability for me, my wofe drives the car alot and she loves it too, no need for D mode when she drives and she always comments on the ease of driving the car...might also be all the changes Ive made lol. But thanks for the Squadra Tuning response, Im sure ittl help alota guys, maybe ask them if the Euro5 box we have will work on Euro 6 engines?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll ask them. Would be good if it does. You'll be pleased to know I finally did the downpipe order. Getting a Ragga from Desmo.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Giuli Squadra responded saying that the Euro6 control unit is a lot more sensitive and the box sometimes picks up issues with increased power below 2000rpm. Novitec has 2 maps they working on but they say the old map seems to work better than the new on the new QV. Probably because the old map increased power and torque at higher rpm.

I suspect the Euro6 box is more sensitive to power increase at low revs to limit engine knock.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
i told you. DR Naidu is pushing 145kw on the wheels

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Nice...that's interesting...Pereby let's put the novitec on your 4c!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Romeo on AOSA we have a donating spirit. Im 1st in line forbthe Novitec donation thank you! Im curently using Eric's novitec!...

But if all goes to MY plan(maybe not even Gods plan) Ill sell GQV and get a GQV SC...
Haha perhaps ;) we shall see

1 - 11 of 11 Posts