Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
novitec stuff is very high quality, too, had very little finishing to do on my chin spoiler before painting.

B

·
0 Posts
Saying that, I'd love to know how quick that makes the 1.6 diesel too as I bet that shifts with an increase to 144hp and a whopping 370nM of torque!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Whilst we're on the topic of tuned Mitos.
I was thinking about getting some BBS CHs. 8.5x18. Would 20mm spacers on every wheel be alright?
Any obvious drawbacks with wheels an inch wider + spacers? Was thinking about lowering it 30mm as well if I got them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Ubizzle - I see you were looking at remap for your MiTo - did you go ahead with this? If so was it worth it?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Agree, when i look at mine i cant help but think the car shouldve had 18s as standard as the gap especially in the back arch is quite a size and im like the sound of 0-62 in 7.4!:lol:
yeah but the alloys on the veloce range are lovely, I agree there is a gap between the arch, but that could be solved by lowering it, and keeping the lush alloys on it already!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
any news on what AUTODELTA is doing for the MiTo ?
Someone said they saw a Mito at Autodelta's workshops, but not sure what they've done.

Hi Ubizzle - I see you were looking at remap for your MiTo - did you go ahead with this? If so was it worth it?
I didn't in the end, the engine loosened up a little bit more, and I've decided to leave it mechanically standard.

I'll probably not even buy these BBS (and i only want to get new springs if i get BBS wheels), but I'm definitely considering it. £260 per wheel. 8.5x18size, bolts 4*100. Not sure about offset. Sounds good, any info anyone?

·
Registered
702 Posts
any news on what AUTODELTA is doing for the MiTo ?
I have been in contact with Auto Delta but they won’t be finished for another month or so. They also mentioned they have 2 or 3 different tuning packages, and from reading the Novitech link, it sounds like this will be equivalent to Auto Delta’s first package :thumbs:

p.s. Does anyone know where you can buy the Novitech upgrade? I'm really interested in that extra power.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wee 89 that Novitec upgrade you can buy online from Germany is 499 euro's just google search novitec alfa. I am not sure about the differince between the novitec solution and a remap of the ECU. ie why the need for an external module but may be the more technical members can explain. I myself would prefer a remap of the ECU as its a not visible change. In Italy the riar version was remapped to 170 hp and the alfamito clubs approved re mappers get it up to 175 with the note that they are hesitant to push it further due to the quality of the turbo. Most of these companies were allready remapping the GP so have plenty of experience with the engine.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Wee 89 that Novitec upgrade you can buy online from Germany is 499 euro's just google search novitec alfa. I am not sure about the differince between the novitec solution and a remap of the ECU. ie why the need for an external module but may be the more technical members can explain. I myself would prefer a remap of the ECU as its a not visible change. In Italy the riar version was remapped to 170 hp and the alfamito clubs approved re mappers get it up to 175 with the note that they are hesitant to push it further due to the quality of the turbo. Most of these companies were allready remapping the GP so have plenty of experience with the engine.
So is that upgrade not available in England? :cry:. Yea I was speaking to a friend who reckons a remap of the ECU would be better too.

Also is it just me or does the Novitec bodykit give no visual difference :confused: forgive me if I'm being blind!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Well you can buy it
NOVITEC ONLINE SHOP 2007

but suppose you would need to fit it your self

as for the body work stuff im not sure either apart from lowering it a bit and adding the 18' rims from the catalogue I dont think I wouldnt want to change anything to the mito ...
Aaah ok, works out at around £430 + shipping and fitting. Would you guys say that’s expensive? I think waiting for Auto Deltas version would be a wise decision!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts