Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this thread may be a bit late but.........I have already ordered the fore-mentioned induction kit for my GTV, and have a couple of questions:

1: are these induction kits overly noisy?
2: How much power if any will i gain?(advertised up to 8bhp)yeh right.
3:Will this decrease top speed?
4:How will it effect fuel?

I have a standard exchaust system for now but this is on my list of thing to convince my wife need's changing really quickly:p

Will be greatfull for your comments/experences with these products,and once it arrives and is fitted will give you mine.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Is this the air filter setup that sits right above the exhaust manifold?

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Them... it will get so hot that will reduce the performance.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has just been delivered. On the instructions it shows the filter in the same place as the origional, so i guess the picture of it mounted over the front is only for illistration purpose.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
That's better! :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
1. Dunno but the Angel Tuning carbon CDA (though admittedly a different system) at full throttle it sounds like an army marching down a mountain pass. The Supersprint exhaust doesn't help noise levels either.

2. Would be amazed if you got 8bhp. I had the CDA fitted and on the rolling road / dyno it showed a maximum gain of about 3bhp at peak power output and even with the ram effect of having the intake at the front of the car next to the foglights. On the road, it only seems to make a difference at high revs (over 4.5k) and at speed (over 70mph).

Also see:
http://www.italiaauto.net/viewtopic.php?t=2271&sid=79b782dd82f7593d3e9ab4c781cfcf14
http://forum.alfa156.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10631&KW=NOVITEC+

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Was it worth it , Happy ?
It was OK, the first thing i noticed was that the engine rev'ed much quicker but it did get a bit too noisy at higher rev's.Also i diddent mount it over the manifold,placed it in the same place as the origional.I have now changed it for the BMC CDA which is as good only not so loud.Not sure if the BMC is worth that amount of money though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts