Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

As Novitec send there new product to the market again. I consider the Maxxair intake that Novitec claim 6kW/8PS increase from original. How can they increase due to the air-filter is on the top of exhaust system and behind the coolant fan? Any have an answer why this intake system will increase our Bella. Because, the filter will suck a hot-air at that place.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
You are right about the hot air problem, although that dimishes once you are driving around (especially in chilly Britain!).
I wonder if they have some great theory relating to the length of pipe after the filter. This may be a "tuned" length to assist the air flow. Otherwise they would have just stuck the filter in place of the original air box.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RickAlfas,
U r right. My opinion, if they stuck air-filter in original place it will be better than over the exhaust. I'm very doubtful about there engineering design (Above exhaust pipe better than underneath).

·
Registered
558 Posts
On a 156, a better place to put it would be where the original airbox was with a cold air feed coming in from the passenger side vent in the front grille next to the foglight as there is no clear place to take a cold air feed from near the engine as the radiator is in the way.

A better looking kit (but most likely more expensive) is this:
http://www.proven-products.co.uk/viper_induction_kit.htm

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Paulo Mendes:
<strong>No comments!!!
Novitec must be
</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Paulo,
What is the benefit for CCV-bypass? I have seen in yr site for a moment. But I can't tell myself what's it use for. Pls advise.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by LaTiNo156:
<strong>it's too bad that no Novitec, Autodelta, Madeno guys are visiting the forum to comment on this kind of things...</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LaTiNo,
I think we should go to there site and ask them about there stuff.

:D :D

J

·
0 Posts
everybody wants a conical filter........Novitec make a conical filter, that's marketing !

But obviously, they have placed the filter in a very stupid place.......except perhaps for those who want's to show that they have made mods....marketing again !

·
Registered
662 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by apichet:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Paulo Mendes:
<strong>No comments!!!
Novitec must be
</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Paulo,
What is the benefit for CCV-bypass? I have seen in yr site for a moment. But I can't tell myself what's it use for. Pls advise.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I’m no mechanic engineer, but there are some things that a child can see…how can they place an air filter in a hot spot, if the engine has more power with cold air?
I think that solution above isn’t good!

Apichet, you can see some explanation on this old forget post:

http://www.alfaowner.com/forum/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=000942

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Paulo Mendes:
<strong>how can they place an air filter in a hot spot, if the engine has more power with cold air?
I think that solution above isn’t good!
</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hot air is a concern with getting air into an engine, but not the ONLY concern!!! It is a complicated area!

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by LaTiNo156:
<strong>it's too bad that no Novitec, Autodelta, Madeno guys are visiting the forum to comment on this kind of things...</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In fact, Madeno guys claim to have visited a lot of forums. But things got nasty as soon as they posted too much, because people found it not very objective... :rolleyes: ...

Anyway, that's what a guy @ Madeno told me ....

·
Registered
662 Posts
The site do not allow me to paste pics in other sites, but here’s a link of one pic:
(copy the link and paste in a new window)

http://alfa147.fateback.com/images/147/my147/029.jpg
http://alfa147.fateback.com/images/147/my147/031.jpg
http://alfa147.fateback.com/images/147/my147/035.jpg

More pics in my site…
BTW, all my intake and CCV bypass was DIY work, you just need time, patience and a little more.
It can be done with my air filter (BMC CDA) or any other air filter / brand.
Like I’ve said, I’m no engineer, but I’ve tried 4 or 5 different places, and I think that’s the best place the filter should be.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
<strong>The site do not allow me to paste pics in other sites, but here’s a link of one pic...
(copy the link and paste in a new window)
Like I’ve said, I’m no engineer, but I’ve tried 4 or 5 different places, and I think that’s the best place the filter should be.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pasting the links still dont work, anyway here is one of them:

Actually 4-stroke engines are based on a thermodynamic circle, of which the efficiency depends on the input temperature, the lowest the input temperature, the higher the circle's efficiency = the higher the engine's performance.

So Paulo you did a good work, beacuse you insisted on experimenting with the filter's position. Novitec should offer you a job wink

Ah, just a question, normally there is a cover at the area you installed the filter, did you put it back? i m not sure if the filter is water protected without it..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts