Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got these on their GTV/spider,if so what are they like?
My P3 JTS needs new front shocks,have got the parts to convert it to TS spec,but was wondering if i should be looking at the Novitec option too. tbh i don't fancy swapping over the arb,as it was a right pita getting off the donor,mainly through the no. of sheared bolts incurred

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I'm pretty sure they are rebadged KW coilovers. Laurence from autolusso Bournemouth really rates them.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Yep I got a kit front a and rear. Took the rear off just didnt work but kept the fronts. Got them from alfisti.net. on hid sight I should have gone for the more expensive option as there is more control but the ones I fitted work but do require a lot of setting up. Best get the adjustable top mounts from totally alfa because I found it did change castor and camber dependant on how you set them up. If its jts then you need to check they are compatable as the jts suspension components are unique to thet vehicle eg the fixings for arb and link arms. Also you may find that in certain coil over settings that the setup of the arb is wrong.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have just looked at the KW ones,and yes they do look the same.Pity they don't offer the non stainless ones themselves as they are c£300 cheaper.

P3dude,what was 'wrong' with the rear for you to take them out.
Thanks for the headsup re the adjustable top mounts,hadn't thought of that,more expense :( :D

·
Registered
689 Posts
The rear spring cups and adjusters on most coilover kits for the 916 just don't sit in the rear suspension very well in my experience.

Even on my Intrax setup the rears were kaka. Same story for FK and KW.

I ended up fitting PCA dynamics springs to the rear, wound exactly like OEM only stiffer with just a 10-15mm drop.

Such a shame Bilstein don't make the B16 multiway adjustables for the GTV front and rear.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
The rears are preset 30mm drop. The look is a matter of taste but technically they kept bottoming out even with bump stop removed and the rear wheels were very close to bodywork and rear suspension bits. That was with koni sport shocks and new bushings. P robably great for track but not for off road use which is about the standard of our a and b roads around here

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I've never seen coilover kits for the rear, just replacement springs and shocks.......presumably to match the front coilovers.

Do you have any links?
The rear spring cups and adjusters on most coilover kits for the 916 just don't sit in the rear suspension very well in my experience.

I ended up fitting PCA dynamics springs to the rear, wound exactly like OEM only stiffer with just a 10-15mm drop.

Such a shame Bilstein don't make the B16 multiway adjustables for the GTV front and rear.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts

Which Intrax kit did you have?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts