Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
86,635 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pressure wash. Foam with Gtechniq snow foam and 2 bucket wash. Dry and then a quick rub of Gtechniq C2V3. It needs a serious polish but that can wait till summer
IMG_3162.jpg

IMG_3167.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

IMG_3183.jpg

IMG_3186.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Brera needed a bit of TLC.

Washed using two bucket method with Chemical Guys Citrus wash.

Clayed using Farcela clay mitt - was a bit like rubbing sandpaper to start with, took quite a few passes to get smooth.

I was going to mop the paint but a few stone chips need attending to first - so hand polished with Megs Ultimate Compound.

Glazed with Poor Boys Black Hole, the glaze did a terrific job of filling the swirls - I was quite grinny at that point.

Finished off with Poor Boys Natty Red.

Not bad for my first go at Cassandra.

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
I gave the 166 a wash and wax on Saturday. It was way too cold for it in hindsight and I had to rush it as it kept threatening to rain, but I hadn't waxed it since I got it so I didn't want to keep exposing it to the winter weather.

I sued a combination of Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax for the roof and front end and Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic wax for everywhere else. It was my first time using the ceramic wax and it certainly seems to work. Hopefully it lasts as well as they claim. It's very hard to beat Meguiars Ultimate thiugh. Even with the low temperature it turned out pretty well with the water sheeting off rather than beading. No pics of it dry unfortunately.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
The GT got its winter prep today. Picked up an overcast, fairly warm day to do it.
Pre-washed with ODK Arctic snowfoam, tyres and wheels attended to with APC and variety of brushes. Tyres scrubbed of grime with a stiff brush. Car was then pressure washed down.
Onto the decontamination stage, alfa was sprayed down with Dodo's Ferrous Dueller to strip any fallout or iron particles. Pressure washed, then the local tar spots were removed with Carpro TarX. Pressure washed down again.
I then proceeded to wash it using 2BM, using ODK Jet pure shampoo.
Car was dried using klin korea drying towel. Door shuts / boot waterways attended to with Bouncer's Done and Dusted detailer.
Wheels and exhaust tips were sealed using Bouncer's Looking Sweet hi-temp wheel sealant, tyres dressed with TAC System Seal (1:1 concentration).
Windows were cleaned and protected using TAC System glass cleaner.
2 layers of ODK Concours wax were laid down, leaving 15 minutes to cure before removing the haze. Second coat applied after an hour of the 1st one.
In the meantime, trim was dressed with TAC System Seal (1:3 concentration), same with interior, which was given a quick wipe.
I am quite happy with the outcome, a good way to spend 4 hours.
20191115_125614.jpg
20191115_125740.jpg
20191115_125639.jpg

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nice sunny day so what better to do than give my G a wash!

A little controversial perhaps but due to my main wash gear all being hidden away in the shed I used the waterless spray method using Paintseal / Gen-3 Glasscoat dry-clean spray.

Firstly gave her a little go over with a microfibre cloth to soak up some of the morning dew and then proceeded to go around the panels with the spray gently wiping down and then another microfibre cloth to buff down, I think she's looking pretty good!

·
Administrator
86,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got a mostly dry day here on Wednesday to wash the Giulietta.

-Snow foamed with 50Cal Combat Neutral snow foam
-Powerwashed with the Karcher K4
-Snow foamed again & washed with the Microfiber Madness Incredimitt & Gritguard
-Powerwashed
-Dried with the Microfiber madness Dry Me Crazy
-Dusted off the inside & hoovered the inside.

I ordered some 50Cal Precision Interior Dressing during the week & that arrived yesterday, lovely smell from that.

It cleaned up well & has a nice shine (y)

1 - IMG_20191127_112012.jpg

2 - IMG_20191127_130328.jpg

3 - IMG_20191127_130214.jpg

4 - IMG_20191127_162711.jpg

DSC_0184.jpg

DSC_0204.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts