Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
orning ppl,

recently ive noticed that when i put my foot down theres a small lag when doing so

example if im in 2nd n the revs are low when i put my foot doe and as its 2- 3 or 4 rpm theres a lil split second lag n it feels like the power is not all coming out as one burst,

its really hard to describe, i did post a thread about changing the cam belt so am i right in thinking this is a result of it needing to be changed , ? as it does sound like a diesel n have been advised by ppl on here it could be i need a cam belt change,

let me know what u guys think ,

·
Registered
860 Posts
How many miles it done could be your swirl flaps sticking.I had a similar problem very slight hesitation at 2000 2500 revs on a light throttle went on for 3 months or so before packed up.Just got it back new inlet manifold,switch to operate swirl flaps total bill £580 .You can check them take cover off look over top of injector rail you will see a bar connecting all 4 together look for any Gunk or play in the bar if it feels loose not good get it looked at soon as

·
Registered
86 Posts
I also have some kind of lag at about 2000rpm, it is only when applying light or medium throttle. This is on a new car, only 3800km so far. Getting it checked out, but my mechanic had never noticed anything like this on a new car before.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Could it be a slipping clutch?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeh mine is a petrol, im looking to change the cam belt soon just saving money for it at the moment, maybe that will settle the car down ,

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you have a petrol engine that sounds like a diesel you should have someone look at it urgently. Small lag or otherwise.

Cam belts normally work absolutely fine then fail catastrophically. It sounds unlikely that that's the cause though I suppose it could have slipped some teeth that could give the symptoms you describe.

I'm no expert but if it was my car I would have an expert look at it ASAP.

As an example and I'm not saying this is related to your problem at all but my V6 started making a tapping noise the other month. I stopped and had it recovered direct to the garage. It had a piston that was about to fall off. It cost me a packet to get it fixed but if I'd kept on driving it could have been a LOT worse.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Your cam belt won't be causing the issues you are having. The variator is making the diesel noise and should be changed when you do the cam belt. I doubt thats causing your problem either.
Might be worth getting the error codes read.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Are there any other symptoms beyond the 'lag'?
I mean something like the revs 'sticking' up around the 2k mark and slowly dropping?
Irregular idle?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nah, just the lag at times, thats it. sad times never had a problem with it other than this, the car is well looked after would be 2 years this year ive had it, brought it when it was 42k the car now has 49k on the clock so i dont drive that much

1 - 15 of 15 Posts