Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have just upgraded from the 33 world to a 155 2.0 16V. Very pleased with my purchase BUT have a little problem with the remote central locking. I have two master keys and two normal keys both with remote cl buttons. Neither had a battery in when I bought the car, but all that happens with fresh batteries is the little red led on the key flashes. The cental locking doesn't operate and the alarm is not armed. I don't seem to have the 4 digit codes written down anywhere. What is the likely problem and how can I solve it? Do I need the keys to be recoded or is there a simpler explanation. Also is there a way to arm the alarm manually, and yes it is switched to on, on the switch in the glove compartment. I'm sure this is a common problem, so hopfully someone will have an easy answer to this.
Thanks in advance.
Stewart

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sounds like the problem I've had recently.The roof receiver(in rear courtesy light)had lost its memory and the c/l+alarm died overnight!,various attempts at code re-entry by prodding the receiver button were unsuccessful but as you lack any codes that wont help you really.HOWEVER this morning I got a roof unit+2 red keys from a breaker and my central locking works remotely again which was my main concern,by putting the 'new'circuit board in the'old'key I should only have to have one key as usual,hope this helps,my similar question is on page 2-see reply's :D :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts