Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a mobile guy out to the house today to fit 2 new tyres and touch up the alloys with a little smart repair.
He seemed to like the Spider and was asking a few questions when he declared he too had a weekend car, a classic BMW and like me he regularly goes to car shows and BMW meets.
Recalling my general lack of BMW classic car knowledge I asked is it a 2002 as thats the only one I could think of.
No, he replied much older than that and showed me a photo of a 1990 325 cabriolet.:rolleyes:
I gave up and went inside !
He did do a good job though.

·
Registered
33,717 Posts
I saw a perfect 2002 turbo last week. Looked very Eastern European Trabi like in yellow.

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Can't blame him for not knowing his BMWs, just the thought of them makes me yawn...
Very different with the typical Alfa fan and Alfa history.

·
Registered
33,717 Posts
My decluttering project has taken me through my car brochure collection and the German stuff seems to command the high prices on eBay; a £220 BMW 3.0csl brochure seems like there are followers for the times when they were the ultimate driving machine, which was a long time ago!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
£220 for a brochure. More money than sense but IQ and money arent always natural bed fellows.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Haha, I’d have struggled to keep a straight face with that one!

I don’t mind BMWs, they have quite a rich history of drivers cars right up to the present day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
My decluttering project has taken me through my car brochure collection and the German stuff seems to command the high prices on eBay; a £220 BMW 3.0csl brochure seems like there are followers for the times when they were the ultimate driving machine, which was a long time ago!
I love the 3.0 CSi - fjord blue with navy blue leather please :)

Yes. Please!

·
Registered
12,993 Posts
Do they have frameless windows?
The light metallic blue on that example is a very similar colour to my first car.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
I will have to 'come out' here in having a soft spot for the E30 convertible. I had an E30 320i saloon in the 80's and the 6 pot engine was sweet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts