Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guys need some help and confirmation I'm looking to fit a bucket seat in my 147 for a few track days but I'm thinking on just keeping it in as the car is my daily use aswell so my question is if the airbag light is on does this effect any of the other airbags to cease to function plus I've looked under the seat and the airbag connectors has 3 wires anyway I can put in a resistor to turn the airbag light out and does anyone know what the 3 colour wires are one black one blue one Brown I think

Thanks

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo 156 JTD 8v Veloce (2005)
261 Posts
Just remember that for the MOT test they will check the warning light - if it comes on when the ignition is started - it must go off. If the light does not come on with the ignition, there is no further check, but means none of the airbag system is working at all. Airbag system is all or nothing.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that I'm asking how to connect a resistor to turn the light off I've done it before for a 2 wire which I think is only for the seat belt pretensioner but not 3 wire for a seat airbag I'm guessing it's positive and negative but what's the 3rd wire..? I'll post up pics if the connectors tomorrow

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I may be wrong but it's my belief that with the light on the whole system is disabled. This is to prevent dangerous activation of the system due to a fault.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do believe you are correct! hence more reason I would like to trick it you can do on most cars by fitting a resistor as above I've done on a 2 wire seat belt pretensioner but not a 3 wire airbag if I could figure out what the 3 wires are I could probably do it

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I've pretty much sorted this now I've removed the loom from the seats cut the connector off on airbag side soldered in a 2.2 ohms resistor to brown and blue wire black to earth will be testing tomorrow and clear codes

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts