Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Situation is my service is in a couple of weeks and the spark plugs are not due to be changed as they were changed 12k miles ago. When I rung up the garage I wasnt sure this so asked the price of the change, £60, and how much to paint both the two covers above and bellow the chrome pipes (runners?) and he said he would do it for free, normally £85.

So, do I get the plugs done anyway? Might be a no brainer but its not a problem to change them so soon is it?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Likewise. I've just had mine changed at just over 40K for the first time on the GTA and they didn't look bad at all considering.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok cheers, it seems a cheap way of getting my engine painted thats all...

·
Registered
586 Posts
I would do it, and at the same time, tentatively ask whether they could just give the car the 'once over', and if you feel like pushing it, maybe a quick diagnostic check too.......

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would do it, and at the same time, tentatively ask whether they could just give the car the 'once over', and if you feel like pushing it, maybe a quick diagnostic check too.......
in December the car had a once over and nothing was highlighted except the item that it is going in for next week.

·
Registered
30,019 Posts
The plugs in the 24v V6 are long life 60000mile/5-year plugs
The 12v V6 are not.

So it depends which engine you have.
(early V6 Spiders were 12v)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ahh no worries, but I would paint all those bits for ya and the cam covers too :)
cam covers? those were the bits I was talking about, wasnt I? what do you mean all those bits?

thanks for the offer but I think for ease of having everything done at once ill do it there.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
noo, I doubt the cam covers will be painted for free, just the coil pack cover I think :) but get in there yaself with a dremel and a brass wire attachment
what are cam covers?
they said they would do the two metal covers which are above and below the chrome pipes

1 - 16 of 16 Posts