Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a silly boy in a Smart car run into the back of my Alfa, stupid idiot was watching somebody on the pavement and didn't see me stopped in front of him. We were in a slow moving line of traffic that was stop/start what did he expect.
Fortunately there doesn't seem to be any damage, his was a Smart Coupe or whatever they call it, roller skate more like it, and is very low at the front whereas my Alfa has a high up arse end. I think the fact his car probably doesn't weigh much helped as well.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Have to admit that i sometimes get distracted by the fairer sex. Not so much this time of year but the summer is definitely dodgy. Never hit anybody though because i leave more room to allow for the viewing time. :D

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have to admit that i sometimes get distracted by the fairer sex. Not so much this time of year but the summer is definitely dodgy. Never hit anybody though because i leave more room to allow for the viewing time. :D
Wouldn't have been so bad but he was looking at a bloke :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
23,075 Posts
All cars these days seem to crumple if even if you scowl at them. Even the slightest rear end shunt needs looking at - you will find there are two "irons" supporting the bumper. Even if the plastic reforms the irons, which really absorb the impact, may be deformed - if so the insurance job will be over £1000.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All cars these days seem to crumple if even if you scowl at them. Even the slightest rear end shunt needs looking at - you will find there are two "irons" supporting the bumper. Even if the plastic reforms the irons, which really absorb the impact, may be deformed - if so the insurance job will be over £1000.
Cool a write off at someone else expense then, can get a 156 after that:lol:

Will get it checked out.

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
It's a dangerous game waiting for that bit of wind that may catch them out ;) :lol:

Wouldn't have been so bad but he was looking at a bloke :rolleyes:
:eek: :eek:

Smart car, looking at a bloke. . . . Are you thinking what I'm thinking???? :lol: :p

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
It's a dangerous game waiting for that bit of wind that may catch them out ;) :lol:

:eek: :eek:

Smart car, looking at a bloke. . . . Are you thinking what I'm thinking???? :lol: :p
Yeah, it's probably not his first rear ender :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts