Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
37 of the best selling diesels failed the on road tests,some were 6 times higher and some 13 times higher than the legal limit for nitrogen oxide...they did pass in lab conditions though where it doesnt mix with oxygen to create nitrogen dioxide...so if you keep your car away from oxygen then everything is fine.

Just seen this on bbc news,tests carried out by government testers....

·
Registered
36,851 Posts
They were all keeping their heads down avoiding any claims of being clean though?
Except for VW.

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
But none of them fit defeat devices to fool the official tests. We all know the tests do not reflect real world driving.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trouble for me is there are a couple of cars that are diesel only that id like to own (ford focus st auto,land rover evoque auto) and while these findings havent put me off owning a diesel im wondering how long before diesels are hit with restrictions where they can be driven.

(focus st2/3 auto is a diesel only option)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Of course cars use more fuel in real life conditions. We don't drive our cars in labs, we drive them on roads. It's not just a diesel thing, petrol cars too which means they emit much more Co2 in real life. Only VW cheated, though, and for that reason they deserve every bit of misery that comes their way. I'm still hoping this whole thing will sink them.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Not the same at all.

I read a good comment (cant remember where)

If it were an exam, the other car makers learnt the syllabus and passed the exam. VW had a pre printed answer sheet before they went in

1 - 7 of 7 Posts