Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To day thought i would paint my calipers on the back as they looked a bit sh*t so cleaned them all up, took the old paint off and put the new red paint on, the front are a totaly different colour does anyone know where i can get the same colour paint as the front calipers. NAD is only next week and i am really unhappy with how it looks only done the one side as i really dont like it :cry::cry::cry: i need the brembro colour paint HELP PLEASE

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Unless you paint all 4 at the same time, they will be different :(

Heat, created under braking, will change the colour of the fronts anyway. My Spider front calipers went a nice shade of pink after a few heavy braking sessions.... :eek::lol:

Colour matching now may be a tough job even if you find the correct RAL no.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
bugger.

bit late now, but i would have suggested just adding a clear coat. i did my rear brakes with this, after a good clean, and they came up great. then some wheel wax (eg: Poorboys Wheel Sealant) to help keep them shiny and prevent brake dust sticking hard.

perhaps the colour is different because there's no undercoat? oh well, strip them again, or spray the fronts to match i suppose. or visit a panel shop and have them professionally done, to match.

:)

·
Vendor
45,293 Posts
We do one better than caliper re-painting, we are are now getting brake calipers refurbed and powder coated. The first set has gone out to a customer so I can't get any photos, but they did look good. And because it is not paint & there is no laquer they will look good for a long time. :cool:

M

·
0 Posts
I was going to paint my rears with the paint I got to redo the engine lettering, but decided it would look to orange. I've got bigger problems to worry about now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts