Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lad texted on Sunday, out of the blue, to say he was looking at a couple of cars (to be his first).

I caught up with him on Tues to ask if he wanted to chat (he'd indicated he wanted to sound a few things out).

He replied to say he was picking up his Mazda 3 on Weds.

Clearly not a chip off the old block.

I know we regularly record and celebrate our respective and collective faffery - but when have any of you been super-decisive?

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Only this week Mrs. H came to me asking for help with getting organised for TDWSNMUMD. To avoid the usual present buying panic I was to think of ideas for my side of the family (only 6 immediate members). Right there, that moment, I came up with the plan. Bish. Bash. Bosh*. As they say in certain circles, job fully jobbed and now I can sit back and let the festivities wash over me.

*that was still wrong though as I hadn't put enough thought into it. FFS.

·
Super Moderator
44,921 Posts
I am paradoxical.

I faff for (literally in some cases) years - but then when I buy the car, afterwards I generally get an uneasy sensation that I rushed into the purchase.

Take the C63 as an example. I'd been thinking about going for one for probably upwards of 3 years. Even after I got the redundancy which meant I could afford one, it was still another 18 months before I actually made the decision.
I sold the GTA ahead of time and decided that we could cope with one car while I carefully selected the very best example, taking as long as necessary.

Then I bought the second car I looked at.

And I got one without several options which are quite desirable to the general buyer.

However, I've had it over two years now, and it has been solid as a rock, so I have to be pleased about that. More by accident than anything I suspect, I've bought a good car.

·
Super Moderator
44,921 Posts
I have a friend that faffs so much he's forbidden from being the navigator on any car journeys. The reason being that his instructions usually take the form of "You need to take that right turn we just passed".

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Big decisions like job moves, house purchase and car buying: quick, incisive, and rather impressive (if only to me).
Other decisions: sometimes OK but the first hint of a faff leads to faff, faff and faff again. And these days, someone else's dissent leads me to shrug and not bother.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Based on the thought/plan I had 12 months ago to move house and definitely change job and the fact I've done F all to do this so far. Faff alert!

I will moved next year though/probably/perhaps/we'll see

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
How it should be done SiF. I really do not understand threads where folk are asking which car to buy. Sure ask advice about a potential choice but if you can't work out what car you want then surely you really don't want.

I really enjoy looking for a new/replacement car but I am so damn efficient it is over in a matter of hours :giggle:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts