Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plz help, my 2.0ts gtv isnt blowing hot hot air into the cabin? i just changed the thermostate and the speed fan resistor on it, cus i thought it was that! and i got the resistor cus i had that problem of the blowers coming on and off, the thermostate needed 2 b changed to because now i got the proper temps, 70-90 and not 55-60 that i always had. Could it just b a air lock?? or is it something major wrong with the heaters? your help would b appreciated..

·
Registered
156 Posts
It could well me an airlock which is causing it. Did you bleed the system after installing the thermostat?

·
Registered
871 Posts
sounds like its to do with the heater matrix, i have never had one apart in a gtv, but in theory there is a wire or electronic controlled cable that opens a gate that allows hot water into the heater unit.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Is your GTV phase 1 or 2?
Phase 1 cars have a valve on the side of the heater matrix operated by a cable which often breaks (normally at the point where it's secured to the side of the heater box).
Phase 2 cars have no water valve, instead they use an air mix flap, operated by a stepper motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts