Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this cold weather I've noticed my heating system isn't as hot as it should be. Been like this for ages but never really bothered me, but needs sorting!

Engine temp is spot on!
Coolent no leaks what so ever and is pumping as it should!
Can't be any air in the system, self bleed and driven 10k....or could it be?
Thermostat is Woking as it should, no issues with the engine itself

I remember on high the temp use to be very very hot, now not as much. Regas?

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its hot enough to demist the windows as fast as it every did.......but im sure its not as hot as it use to be. I remember on high it really use to get my fingers hot when putting them on the vents for like 10secconds, just doesnt to that any more :(, could be down the lower temps we just had.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Its hot enough to demist the windows as fast as it every did.......but im sure its not as hot as it use to be. I remember on high it really use to get my fingers hot when putting them on the vents for like 10secconds, just doesnt to that any more :(, could be down the lower temps we just had.
Yer logic is fallible eshy
90 is 90 fur awe that...so your motur was overheating aforehand and is now normal or you have sticky flaps or a blockage.
Check the tem of the heater hose inlet and outlet.

Up there wie watter cannae be created or destroyed or wiz it matter?

Pomeo

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blows as it should so dont think I have sticky flaps (that just sounds wrong), temp is at 90....the stupid this was overheating but wasnt, just the earth cable giving it the wrong signal........hummmm....you get your AA batts?

·
Registered
155, 166 & MiTo
289 Posts
Sticky flaps may be beyond the remit of this parish!

I think my car's heater isn't as hot as it used to be either, but, like yours it has no problems on the demist. I've recently replaced the thermostat on mine, it had been stuck open for quite a while so I wasn't getting much heat when the car was moving at pace which would bring the engine temp down below 70, but in traffic, or moving slowly it would sit happily at 90. Now it warms up quickly and stays warm even at motorway speeds, but I do have this sense that the heater used to be warmer.

Then again, IIRC, Wagon Wheels used to be bigger too.

Are you sure there's no air locks/pockets in the system?

Variator

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,509 Posts
The e-learn points to the following possible (non electronic) causes;

1. Blocked or semi blocked heater matrix / pipes. The pipes to /from the heater matrix should be hot when the engine is at 90.

2. Pollen filter dirty. Not enough air flow to absorb the heat.

3. Air mixer motor or linkage faulty or needs adjusting. Cold air still entering even when set to full heat.

4. Cabin air temp senser / fan needs cleaning. Incorrect cabin temperature sensed.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aghh NICE ONE! Pollen filter need a change, prob not every been done actually........ill have a look tomorrow. Where is this heater matrix?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Mine's the same at the mo, pollen filter was changed last year, probably needs to be replaced, I had wondered if my air con needed recharging

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just as a follow on to this i am sure the heater on my 166 used to be hotter ,All seems to work ok (touch wood ) but i have to turn it really up to HIGH to get anything like hotish air ,and the temp is 90 ,had new head gasket , radiator , thermostat , temp sender ,etc etc.
Still musnt grumble

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I does sound like your heater might be rusted up inside loosing its capacity to exchange heat. Might be a warning to you get it swapped out before it leaks out.

·
Registered
754 Posts
On a long run today, my heater was blowing hot air at the window vents but almost nothing through the centre console. Changing climate settings did nothing.

Eventually it sorted itself out and hot air started blowing strong.

Any ideas?

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,509 Posts
Sticking air distribution flap linkage or drive motor problem.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I should really check mine before it get icy cold like last year..........also cheers for the heads up.

1st change is pollon filter, i should think its growing rapeseed by now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts