Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to take a rented DVD back to Blockbuster in Durham on saturday afternoon so I just quickly parked up on double yellows since I was only running in...
Needless to say 30 seconds later there was a bloody traffic warden hovering over my Alfie! :(
I thought "here we bloody go" I apologised as you do and he then gave me the run down of "Blah, blah dont park here blah blah".....

To my surprise he stopped writing and said "I love these cars":wow:
"it would be a shame to slap a ticket on it" and then he asked if he could have a sit in the car:lol:
I of course obliged and even let him have a bit of a rev..... "ooh luverly sound isn't it" he said..... YUP it certainly is... Then he said "be careful next time m8".....

I honestly believe that if it had been any other make of car it would have been ticketed!
Alfie is my lucky, lucky charm:thumbs: :D

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Nice story. :D

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I had a nice traffic waden experience recently. When I had Ned's 156 for a week I couldn't park it in my usual parking space at uni as they're permit only and I couldn't be bothered sorting one out for the different numberplate, so was parking in a layby outside my halls. One morning I looked out of my kitchen window to see a traffic warden hovering over the car next to me, writing out a ticket. I bolted out of the door, leaving my freshly made toast on the table, and managed to get to the car just as she slapped the ticket on the other one and was about to write one for me.

She just turned round and said "you're very lucky!" - I said thank you and got the car out of there :cool:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Jammy sod! :lol:

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
I say... thank heavens for traffic wardens...

We didn't have any in our town for a couple of years (cost cutting :rolleyes:) ....and driving was a nightmare.
People are so lazy they just stop where it's convenient for them, be that on the main road or on the pavement :)mad:), "I'm only going to be a couple of minutes" seems to be the attitude. Resulting chaos was never their concern. We've got PW's back again now and life is so much easier. I don't make any apologies for those who may have to walk an extra 50yards to go to the hole in the wall... it'll do them good :D. There are plenty of legal places to park.

[and breathe :)]

·
Registered
467 Posts
I got a ticket the other week, I had parked in the same place on the same street that i do every single Saturday and Sunday whilst I pop into the shop over the road to pick up mine and the wife's breakfast. I had been parking there for over 18 months and then some eijit of a warden was posting a ticket on my car. I wouldn't mind, but everyone parks in the same palce and they never get any tickets.

Anyway, the warden made me laugh though as he had full leathers on and one of those helmets that have the front chin part that lifts up and he was riding a moped on L plates!!!! :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

That made me chuckle at least

K

·
0 Posts
In the old days, before they were revenue driven, they seemed to approach the job from the point of view of keeping the traffic moving. If you parked on a double yellow they said shift it or I'll book it. Now, if you park on a double yellow they ignore you because you'll be gone before they have time to write the ticket and take the picture. They would much rather sit near your car and watch the clock tick down so thay can issue the ticket and keep the money coming in.

I've seen the ones in full biker regalia on the mopeds too. They always make me smile.

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
I had to take a rented DVD back to Blockbuster in Durham on saturday afternoon so I just quickly parked up on double yellows since I was only running in...
Needless to say 30 seconds later there was a bloody traffic warden hovering over my Alfie! :(
I thought "here we bloody go" I apologised as you do and he then gave me the run down of "Blah, blah dont park here blah blah".....

To my surprise he stopped writing and said "I love these cars":wow:
"it would be a shame to slap a ticket on it" and then he asked if he could have a sit in the car:lol:
I of course obliged and even let him have a bit of a rev..... "ooh luverly sound isn't it" he said..... YUP it certainly is... Then he said "be careful next time m8".....

I honestly believe that if it had been any other make of car it would have been ticketed!
Alfie is my lucky, lucky charm:thumbs: :D
Are you sure you just let him sit in your car? :cheese: :lol: :cheese: :wow:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts