Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok
this is not pretty but a CCTV image of my car getting shunted by a Southern water grab lorry and the only reason I didn't put it on the drive they had fitted a meter that day and had left a barrier across the drive

nearly 9k worth of damage rear panel bumper front door

No contest with the insurance claim as you will see

and to add too the insult the insurance company gave me a 2.3 Z4 to run around in @ £250 a day no wonder insurances are high

why the lorry speeds up who knows perhaps he doesn't like alfa's Best to watch in full screen

I posted it on utube as that was the best way to send it to my insurance company

22 7 2013 incident - YouTube

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
sheesh, he was reversing that bad boy at a hell of a rate wasn't he, backed it straight down the rear quarter. very nasty indeed. At least he stopped and didn't try to run off like the bloody bin men did when the stuck a dent in the door of my Focus ST.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok then ive been given a Z4 to run around in and surprisingly i have to say the quality of finish on minor deatails like wheel centre caps and door thresholds compared to the brera is well poor

As im having loads of luck and had the windscreen replaced last week before this incident i also have to report that the Autoglass installer said how easy and well made the Brera was certanly in the league of the german cars so how about that then and i did not prompt him

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
:( theres no denying he was at fault there, can't see what would make him speed up though unless he slipped off the brake? Luckily it wasn't a person he hit!

Hope you get it sorted out quickly :thumbs:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
8.5k to repair so not a write off only panel damage new door bumper ect but the courtesy car is £230a day and present estimate is back by the 15th Aug that will be a whopping £5520

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
The demeanour in the way the truck driver stopped and got out makes me think it just wasn't a good day for him - the speed looks like a 'wrong pedal' situation - unfortunate for both parties. We do all make mistakes sometimes, I know this must be hard to forgive :( wonder if he's had to accept a different job now.

Hope it's all sorted out in the end.

-Alex

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
actually I took it fairly calm he said sorry mate ive hit your car , my reply was you're aving a laugh followed by the shock of realising he had and made a good job of it so I said well you better give me your details

I had a good day up until that moment

1 - 16 of 16 Posts