Registered
12,386 Posts
RicksAlfas said:
Note to self:

Never get a lift with Rosbird!!
:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Hope you get it sorted soon!
;)
Explosion danger ? :confused: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Rosbird1 said:
:( MOT today........failed :(

Leaking fuel pipe
Rear brake pads dead
Knackered brake pipe
Knackered handbrake cable
High Lambda reading

'In my opinion this vehicle should not be driven because....
It has fuel leaking out everywhere'

thought the fuel economy had gone all to foof :rolleyes:

Don't worry, all fixable and pretty cheap to do so too (I think) :)

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he did say it could spontaneously combust at any given time :eek:
the boyf is gonna do the pipe for me tonight, and also the brake pipe and he is picking me up some brake pads as we speak. After investiating the Lambda he said there is an 'unconnected black wire' floating about, so fingers/toes/other extremities crossed thats all it is. Knackered handbrake due to the fact that the old DTM back box i had on it last year was not fitted to the car properly so it kind of melted and is held together with a metal splint type thingy. Just gonna adjust that up a bit :)
Hopefully............might get it retested tomorrow :)

·
Administrator
46,105 Posts
£120 for a wondscreen? :eek: Does your insurance not cover windscreens? They usually have a £50 excess on glass, with no effect on NCD.

·
Administrator
46,105 Posts
What the hell is a wondscreen? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
oh bugger, Ros: but at least not too expensive to get fixed up (compared to zorst & this mystical wondscreen Bazza mentioned).

hope it gets thru the re-test - I have all my bits crossed for ya too. D :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
sorry to hear, i'm in for mot soon just after the smash !
fuel leaking from where.... back or front ??
i had a major fuel leak from the top of the sender unit, metal clip wore away top of sender pipes... minter
hope you sort it :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thats a coincidence my White 155 had its MOT yesterday, I was luckier though as it passed :) . Hopefully the garage can sort out the master cylinder on my Bertie today so that I'll be back to 2 cars for the 1st time this year. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Once he's fixed you motah, dump him... letting it get in that state in the first place. :D

Ralf S.

W

·
0 Posts
Rosbird1 said:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have a white one!!!!!!!! we can be special buddies!! ;) :D
Remember I mentioned two of the Derbyshire section had white 155's.......

wrinx

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
****UPDATE****

Passed :D
ordered new lambda yesterday from www.lambdasensor.co.uk, and it arrived with me this morning :) so thanks for the tip bobdabilda ;) the boyf fitted it for me this afternoon and i took great delight at the test centre watching the lambda reading go down :D all other bits and pieces fixed and passed too, so now i have 12 more months of sheer enjoyment, which of course makes me a very happy bunny :D
oh yeah and fuel not leaking anymore so hopefully what i save on fuel consumption will cover cost of new lambda and brake pads :rolleyes: :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts