Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to travel over to NI in a couple of weeks time, to see a client in craigavon, co down. am i best flying into belfast city airport or belfast international??

cheers
al

K

·
0 Posts
I've been to NI several times. It's a brilliant place full of brilliant people. I might even be going next week.

The thing to be aware of, based on previous experience, is that it's entirely possible that whoever you fly with might decide not to bother with flights to City and International anyway so yours will get cancelled and you'll fly into the other airport. Pick the best flight time and go with that would be my suggestion.

Oh and make sure you find time to fit in an Ulster Fry whilst you're there.

Belfast City to Craigavon is motorway all the way but International is probably slightly nearer.

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
I'd just stay at home.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my erstwhile business partners are both northern irish - absolute top blokes. paddy's day always involved a mooch down to mulligan's in town for a pint & a fry around 10am despite it being a working day :D

so international is slightly nearer then? ie south side of the city?

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
Are you back self employed then Al?

I actually don't mind Belfast, but it's a few years since I've been there. City airport was a tin shed last time I flew in there.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I need to be carefull when travelling to NI but Clare goes regularly and loves Belfast:)

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Aldergrove (the International) is closer, and is west of the city - down the A26 to the M1 and 2 junctions later you're there. If you go to the harbour airport (city/George Best/ whatever it's called these days), then you need to get across town (M3), round the West Link, then out the M1.

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
:doh:

I'm going to try reading your inane chatterings more closely in future :lol:

·
Registered
19,792 Posts

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
Oh no. I know at least I can pop up to the hospital and have my minor operation sorted :thumbs:

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
1 - 20 of 91 Posts