Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Very nice ! Why is one of the lads on the floor ?

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Very nice ! Why is one of the lads on the floor ?
Half an hour earlier we'd all had to squeeze past a big bus on a narrow road, dropping two wheels onto mud close to a culvert on the inside and the tarmac had a very nasty serrated edge to it.

The lower the car the more we graunched :eek: :(

My Ti was bad enough but I looked in my window to see Pablos' really low 147GTA behind :eek: :eek: and Bacon's behind that.

There were a few minor battle scars to undertrays and a chunk of sidewall from Al's 156 NSF tyre but luckily no serious damage.

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
I've still got a few more, how do I get them up full screen?
You'd have to upload them to photobucket to get bigger pics :(

(at least I think thats the only other wy to do it )

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Half an hour earlier we'd all had to squeeze past a big bus on a narrow road, dropping two wheels onto mud close to a culvert on the inside and the tarmac had a very nasty serrated edge to it.

The lower the car the more we graunched :eek: :(

My Ti was bad enough but I looked in my window to see Pablos' really low 147GTA behind :eek: :eek: and Bacon's behind that.

There were a few minor battle scars to undertrays and a chunk of sidewall from Al's 156 NSF tyre but luckily no serious damage.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Bloody buses own the roads *

(*sorry Ray)

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
BTW that was one of the best day's out driving for the fun of it I have had in many a year! Thanks to Jon and Richard for all the effort and a well run day.

I put in my thousandth mile on the Ti going over the Triangle the second time. :D

I'd like to think I might have gone quicker with (a) a bit more power than a 150bhp 1.9 diesel (b) a car more than two weeks old, and (c) my "get of jail go slow excuse";) - I did have Lisa and Thomas on board and she acted as unofficial rev limiter and enthusiasm curber!;) :lol:

Shame that me and Bodge in the 147 twinny followed Gav's thoroughly hopeless Tom-Tom as we got lost leaving the triangle. :tut: :lol: He was happily leading us towards Ffestiniog when Mrs Jim insisted we had to be going in totally the wrong direction.

Jon - we'll mail your walkie talkies to you if you'll PM your address to me. I've got two and Bodge has one.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You'd have to upload them to photobucket to get bigger pics :(

(at least I think thats the only other wy to do it )

I'm doing it that way now, more pics on their way soon!

It was good to meet you Jim and family :) . How many times did you do the Triangle? We waited for a while at the start, then decided to do another trip around to find you but no luck

H

·
0 Posts
I've still got a few more, how do I get them up full screen?
Host em on photo bucket mate and just copy and paste the img link below the picture it's as easy as that :D

I'm gutted I couldn't make it :cry:

Looks like a top day :D

Who said AO can't do big meets ;)

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Jim - is that little Thomas with the camera next to the TI? :eek:

I hope your gonna post some more of his pics !

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The GTVs

My Bella :D

Here they come, the Autodelta supercharger on Pabloss's GTA is sooo loud :cool: :D

Pabloss

bacon :eek: too fast for my clicker finger

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I'm doing it that way now, more pics on their way soon!

It was good to meet you Jim and family :) . How many times did you do the Triangle? We waited for a while at the start, then decided to do another trip around to find you but no luck
We only did it twice but we got stuck behind a van of the A5 and with traffic coming the other way Gav in the Blackline GT couldn't safely pass and keep us and Bodge in tow so we fell a long way behind you guys. We weren't hanging around too much once we got onto the route proper.

While you were waiting on the A5 Gav was blithely following his Tom-Tom and not picking up the chatter between me and Bodge asking if we should be turning off the A5 towards Bala on the B4501 - turned out his walkie-talkie was on th eblink and his Tom-Tom was missing way-points. After 20 mins or so we came to the T at A4212 NW of Bala and he turned right towards FFestiniog! :confused: Lisa wasn't even map-reading and realised this was borrox! Finally flashed him down and we re-traced a cut route back to the hotel start point but obviously nobody was there. Mobile phones not working to Al or Jon either. And we took another wrong turn on the way back before we ditched Gav's lead and put Bodge on point with his sat-nav.:):lol: Otherwise it was a great day out.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
So the sun came out......bugger
Sorry I bailed out early guys I thought it prudent at the time but looks to have been the wrong call:rant:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
:eek: :eek: You didnt get it long ago :eek:
Yes, two weeks last Friday......

....and I haven't been able to drive all the last week although Lisa put about 150 on it showing off at work! :rolleyes:

I can't believe how well it did on economy, roughly half a tank of diesel after a full day of great fun, pulling just shy of the red line in 2nd, 3rd and 4th on quite a few occassions and it still came home showing 36mpg for the day :wow: . Disgusting things these oil burners! ;) :cheese:

The Ti felt brilliant all day and it could easily have been quicker.

1 - 20 of 213 Posts