1 - 20 of 149 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Meet and Run out on Sunday 4th march at 1100am
start point is the same as normal monthly meet which is the Church mouse
post code is DH2 3RJ

The route can be sorted on the day to take into acount the weather and numbers and what people want to do, feel free to just turn up for the start.... you dont have to do the run to join in.

Go to page 5 if you want to put your name down

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
At last night’s meet I mentioned that we could maybe have a run out instead of a meet next month.

I proposed a run over Hartside Pass like a few of us did last year but I’d be open to other suggestions; Maybe a run out to the coast or the pub at Tan Hill.

Please feel free to use this thread to throw around any ideas or suggestions you might have.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
southshields is great for me... i live there! lol

cant we do it on the saturday as i mentioned the other night im on night shift on the 4th march...

how about a trip down the coast to the likes of whitby? get fish n chips then nice drive back? its not the most exciting of roads but it makes a canny day out

oh... as to the idea for a hartside pass trip... looking out the window right now id say no thanks, its snowing!

·
Premium Member
77,396 Posts
southshields is great for me... i live there! lol

cant we do it on the saturday as i mentioned the other night im on night shift on the 4th march...

how about a trip down the coast to the likes of whitby? get fish n chips then nice drive back? its not the most exciting of roads but it makes a canny day out

oh... as to the idea for a hartside pass trip... looking out the window right now id say no thanks, its snowing!
I like the sound of Whitby, but maybe when the weather picks up - then you can cut across from Stokesely to Kildale/Rosedale around Castleton - lots of nice country, then some fast open moor roads. Then you can pick up your fish n' chips - also it avoids the nutters on motorbikes looking for an early grave on the main moor road! Like I say, maybe when the weather picks up.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
South Shields offers chips, ice cream and some decent photo opportunities but very little in terms of driving fun.

Whitby is a bit of a hike and there's not really any more there than there is at 'Shields.

I'm sticking with my suggestion of Hartside Pass. Who's with me?

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
South Shields offers chips, ice cream and some decent photo opportunities but very little in terms of driving fun.

Whitby is a bit of a hike and there's not really any more there than there is at 'Shields.

Its about what people want (not who's with me) we have to think about the time of year and whats best, I dont know my around up here so cant say if Hartside is good or bad coz I dont know. So lets have some more views then have a vote. Not trying to run this but someone needs to lead our group and I thought we could call it....AONE (Alfa Owners North East)

Also the A1 runs here 2 :lol:

·
Premium Member
77,396 Posts
ultimately.....i think we want somewhere we can park up so we can influence the next generation...........even if my lowly 1.6 has to be parked at the back!!!!

i'm dead fookin cold tonight - no run is any run in this weather...specially on the hills

AONE is hellish!

·
Premium Member
77,396 Posts

ros, what about yorkshire dales or even the lakes....bit of a run, but we might pull in some durham:inlove: , lancs:p , :rolleyes: yorks and :eek: s. scotch colleagues???

·
Registered
33,643 Posts

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Not trying to run this but someone needs to lead our group and I thought we could call it… AONE (Alfa Owners North East)
It would seem that you are.

That’s twice now that you’ve mentioned needing a ‘leader’ and you already quoting the group name, which you thought of, to other potential members.

There’s only half a dozen of us FFS! :rolleyes:

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ultimately.....i think we want somewhere we can park up so we can influence the next generation...........even if my lowly 1.6 has to be parked at the back!!!!

i'm dead fookin cold tonight - no run is any run in this weather...specially on the hills

AONE is hellish!
:lol: engine size is not everything and you dont have to park at the back

We have all summer to do lots of runs/track days etc etc I think we just need a meet in the day and get some nice pics so we can get more people in the area to join us. Also votes on the name AONE please as I will see if (Ian AO) is ok with it, I have a contact for doing stickers and any budding artists out there can do some designs for the stickers?

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It would seem that you are.

That’s twice now that you’ve mentioned needing a ‘leader’ and you already quoting the group name, which you thought of, to other potential members.

There’s only half a dozen of us FFS! :rolleyes:
From little acorns grow............

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
4th March is good for me ...:)

has a decision been made on where though yet :)

1 - 20 of 149 Posts