Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
46,348 Posts
You might be able to use a universal driveshaft boot, you can often buy kits which contain a variety of sizes.

Front lower ball joint is part of the lower suspension arm, it can't be separately changed. Do you need the left arm or right arm?

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Hi guys
I have a 156 sports wagon in north america
It is a year 2000
I need a drive shaft boot and a front lower ball joint
Do u know where i can find it ??
Thx
Really ? For show only ? Didnt think they would be allowed on the roads in the US (unless you meant Canada ?) for another few years yet . . . is that a Pao in the background of your avatar ?

·
Vendor
46,348 Posts
Really ? For show only ? Didnt think they would be allowed on the roads in the US (unless you meant Canada ?) for another few years yet . . . is that a Pao in the background of your avatar ?
I had a few customers with 156s & GTVs in North America, not sure how they did it...

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Yeah, I ve read some stories about GTVs over there and that technically they werent road legal, even Bill Gates cant use his 959 on the road apparently !

Edit: just checked, gotta be over 15 years old and a 2000 car will be.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Hi guys
I have a 156 sports wagon in north america
It is a year 2000
I need a drive shaft boot and a front lower ball joint
Do u know where i can find it ??
Thx
Alternative Autos, who sponsor the 156.net forum may be willing to post parts out to you. Contact details can be found here;

Fun starts @ 3000!

Kind of pointless replacing just the ball joint BTW, if you're going to the trouble of getting parts shipped out I'd suggest upper and lower arms for both sides - If one's gone then others won't be too far behind...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Have you tried rockauto.com for parts? They list quite a lot for the alfas but note sure if they only sell those parts from the UK warehouses, i usually use them for american car parts. Moog make afla suspension parts so given they are a US company you may find a supplier over there somewhere. Good luck!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts