Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys need some help.

Some of you might remember the issue I had with the car not starting hours before my mot. I diagnosed a faulty ecu fitted replacement car started, tried old one back in car started so I think I have an issue with the wiring to the ecu.

Currently car won't start with either ecu, I managed to hook up laptop to prove crank sensor and have also proved spark. I've test at the fuel pump and there is no feed. The workshop manual said that the fuel pump relay is negatively switch via pin 3 on the ecu plag an I have found this its a grey with black strip wire.

But the issue is that the relay I have been looking at doesn't have a grey and black wire going to so I think that is not the fuel pump relay.

Has anyone come across the fuel pump relay and where it might be? The 4 relays in the engine bay i have checked it should be one of these.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First relay with fuse attached to it is the FP relay it has 5 wires the thick white with red strip I think is the pump feed but at the pump this is pink with yellow strip. Does anyone know where connector for this might be? I found a connector above the inertia sw but it pink/yellow going to pink/yellow..

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the engine started... Cut out the soldered in alarm connection...

But whilst putting everthing back engine died again but fault was found to be inertia sw connector, whilst 12v was off then there was continuity to ground as soon as load appiled high resistance on the swicth holding the pump off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts