Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking for some tech guys with skills like front end and backend development, programmers etc any skills useful for software development, application development etc.
The reason i am starting my search on an Alfa Forum is because I am looking for passion, and anybody who drives an Alfa must have passion in their veins, (bad service, bad resale value, no parts etc, only passion can explain buying an Alfa).

Before i say why I'm looking for you guys, let me give some quick background on myself: In Grade 10, which wasn't too long ago, while my peers were working part time as waiters and in clothing stores, i started building my web empire and earning revenue from advertising. Was always the odd ball. One of my websites hit a gold mine, 100 k unique visitors in a week and the only marketing i did was send one broadcast message out on BBM and it went viral. Advertising companies were swarming in trying to get a piece. So the websites did extremely well and continued to grow, but unfortunately i had to close up shop due some legal and apparently "ethical" issues (can't speak about it on a public forum). Reason for revealing this info is because i noticed that tech guys seem to trust the law breakers, like Facebook hiring the Sony hacker.

Anyway, so back to business. I am starting my own company (spoke to Gausie about it briefly but the idea has taken major new directions since we spoke), and have recently got some attention from international venture capitalists) the only reason I'm considering taking on investors is because of their connections and possibility for major expansion. I am able to fund my self, as my web empire paid off, and helped my buy properties and earn monthly income on them.

What started off seeming like a couple of million rand idea is seeming highly possible to grow into a billion dollar company haha. I don't want to speak about the actual business here until I'm legally protected.

My investors want me to have a solid south african team before we go international.
The core team i hire will get a piece of equity.

Basically what I'm looking for is a team of tech guys, i just wanna feel the waters and what type of skills south africans have to offer and wana start with Alfa drivers (can tell a lot about a person from their choice of cars). If anybody is interested, just send a private message and i will give you my email address, and can send me a CV. It will be kept confidential so your boss won't know that you are looking into something else, I'm looking for part time and full time. Its still a long way off so no pressure. I unfortunately got really sick (a week after i got my 4C which is a real bummer, so iv been in and out of hospital), and i still have to travel to the investors so we can discuss and finalize figures. So by around next year i will know what salaries will be like, and equity, requirements etc. So then i can make offers to people. Would love to get some CV's or just informal information on what kind of things you guys can do if any is interested and will get back to you at a later date.

My goal of becoming a billionaire by age 25 is seeming more realistic :thumb up: might see a LaFerrari as a buddy for the 4C in the not to distant future haha

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Joh when you read this Im sure ppl will think what a nut.

But I personally know friends who had ideas and did it when everyone told them its stupid and these guys are rich now.

I have a friend who has developed in a couple of languages...esp web based platforms/apps and esp for interactive services...but you have ti be more spacific with what u want. Ill pm u his details

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
People constantly thought i was a nut haha building my websites and stuff and asking me why don't i get a real job. Especially when i started trading bitcoin and other crazy stuff haha. Parents were very worried but everyone kept quiet when i pulled out the 4C at age 19 :thumb up:, now i can look after my family, have fun with my life and focus on building my company and making history!

Its funny how people never took me seriously based on my age, but never since i got a cool car people wana set up meetings and do all sorts of things haha. Real estate agents take me seriously for a change. What really motivated me to work hard was when i walked into Ferrari one day and nobody gave me the time of day, real A holes there, now i bring in Ferrari's for people and get to roll in some great Italian beasts! I have to compliment Lindeque from Canal Walk Alfa an Peter from Strand Alfa, when i told them i want a 4C they treated me like a proper customer unlike other dealerships. Will give business to them anyday! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Front end, backend developer, anything web, server infrastructure, software, application development.

Would be keen to take on part time, or just provide general ideas around experience to salary related markets. What technologies to use and to avoid.

I too started like you, except way before Grade 10. More like age 13/14. Done freelancing, and then owned a few online text based games which were well known in their times. Dropped out grade 10 to pursue a career in programming and thus have been programming for 9/10 years. Got a project myself that just needs direction/guidance/motivation and funds for designs (and possibly 2 indie developers to assist with development load), that could quite possibly be a big winner. Drop me a message, perhaps we can chat further and see where we can help each other ;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joh when you read this Im sure ppl will think what a nut.

But I personally know friends who had ideas and did it when everyone told them its stupid and these guys are rich now.

I have a friend who has developed in a couple of languages...esp web based platforms/apps and esp for interactive services...but you have ti be more spacific with what u want. Ill pm u his details
Im just searching around, seeing what skills South Africans have, anything could potentially be useful. I'll only be out of hospital in a few months, then i'll be able to get my legal ish together and send my business plan and scope etc to people who are interested in joining me.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Front end, backend developer, anything web, server infrastructure, software, application development.

Would be keen to take on part time, or just provide general ideas around experience to salary related markets. What technologies to use and to avoid.

I too started like you, except way before Grade 10. More like age 13/14. Done freelancing, and then owned a few online text based games which were well known in their times. Dropped out grade 10 to pursue a career in programming and thus have been programming for 9/10 years. Got a project myself that just needs direction/guidance/motivation and funds for designs (and possibly 2 indie developers to assist with development load), that could quite possibly be a big winner. Drop me a message, perhaps we can chat further and see where we can help each other ;)
Wow! Sounds like we will get along just fine! I have been looking to invest and fund other projects as well. A few associates and I were also planning on starting a syndicate to fund new tech companies. So if funding is what you looking for I can help :D

Great to meet another young starter! Reminds me of that 17year who sold something to Yahoo for a couple of billion. Age doesn't matter in the tech world!

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
dammit im bound contractually

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the private messages guys! South African Alfisti have some great skills! and from those who indicated that they are interested if you guys opt to work part time in the initial stages of the company it can be on your own time, as long as the work gets done and the work load won't be too much. We can discuss salaries and equity as soon as my health recovers and i can travel again! Alfa guys are great unlike some of the suckish dudes who i'v been dealing with who once they hear that I'm still a teenager, and don't have a degree, immediately disregard what I have to say. Just a quote for info's sake

"Wayne founded Apple Computer alongside 21-year-old Jobs and 25-year old Steve Wozniak on April 1, 1976. The three worked together at Atari.
Not even two weeks later, Wayne relinquished his 10 per cent stock share of the company for just $800. Had he retained his company shares, they would be worth $35 billion today." So don't worry guys, I'm positive that the equity you guys get will bring us in all the Alfa's and Ferrari's our minds can imagine. And just for interest sake, if some of you guys to decide to work with me (i dont mind sharing this), i too, just like Steve Jobs, have been diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer, but unlike him i am undergoing treatment and had numerous surgeries, he focused fully on his work, and i decided i can do both. It was a bit of a shocker because I'm so young, but doctors are positive i'll make a full recovery :). If investors try and take advantage of my health i will tell them to screw themselves, because thank God my previous ventures were successful and i have secure investments so I will be able to keep us a float until we start hitting big profits.

Read more: The unluckiest man in the world: Meet Ron Wayne, Apple Inc's forgotten founder | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis - but you have a positive attitude so I'm sure you will be just fine :thumbup:

Maybe while you are stuck in hospital you can start watching a series called "Mr.Robot" if you keen. I find it pretty entertaining.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And just to get back to more Alfa related things, i refuse to wear that hospital crap and decided to role my Alfa Romeo top today :thumbup: ** And will be contacting you guys about this venture in the not to distant future. Please send me your guys details via PM Guili

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis - but you have a positive attitude so I'm sure you will be just fine :thumbup:

Maybe while you are stuck in hospital you can start watching a series called "Mr.Robot" if you keen. I find it pretty entertaining.
Thanks a lot :jester: Haha will deffs give it a watch!

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Romeo, I admire your drive, ambition and positive attitude! God-willing, you will be fine.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
i would be there in a heart beat. I have a particular set of skills.. sound like taken 1 2 and 3

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks to all the guys who sent me PM's, you guys have a sweet set of talents, have a feeling something big is going to come out of this :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Unfortunately you see to have left out a place for designers like me :paperbag:

I do know a couple of guys in backend and software development though. I'll give them a call and see if they're interested...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts