Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get the feeling that this is something one should be very concerned about. Heartbleed Bug

Why are people not wringing their hands more loudly on the local front? Which SA and Alfa sites are vulnerable?

·
Registered
915 Posts
so its a Tuesday morning posing as a Monday morning for me hence my brain is not firing on all cylinders. What can be done to prevent this "hacking" laymans terms?

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
It's not just S.A .affetcted by this nasty bug, 2 of my Bank accounts have severe warnings about it here in the U.K. too........:eek:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems like Capitec wasn't safe for a while. but all the other banks seemed fine. Think I'm going to do a password overhaul on everything just to be certain.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I have nothing in my bank accounts anyway... :cheese:
LMFAO...i was thinking this same thing the other day...what if i'm mugged from behind at an ATM...and he demands everything...and I must tell him Boss...its the wrong time of the month...

Das niksie!:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Protecting the large organisation I work for from Heartbleed has been my baby for the past few weeks.

My general sense is that bigger companies who have protection in depth (e.g. firewalls, IPS, DMZs, VLANs, VRFs, PKI, least privilege accounts) are pretty much ok, as most of these vendors have released patches for this. SO I wouldnt expect the banks to be hit at the moment...Although it was already out months before it was discovered, so who knows what the hackers already got...

But change your passwords and you should be fine. Check out http://mashable.com/2014/04/09/heartbleed-bug-websites-affected/. Oh and pardon my French :lol:

·
Registered
915 Posts
LMFAO...i was thinking this same thing the other day...what if i'm mugged from behind at an ATM...and he demands everything...and I must tell him Boss...its the wrong time of the month...

Das niksie!:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:
+2! :cheese::cheese::cheese:

The definition of poor: Having too much month at the end of the your money! :lol:

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Protecting the large organisation I work for from Heartbleed has been my baby for the past few weeks.

My general sense is that bigger companies who have protection in depth (e.g. firewalls, IPS, DMZs, VLANs, VRFs, PKI, least privilege accounts) are pretty much ok, as most of these vendors have released patches for this. SO I wouldnt expect the banks to be hit at the moment...Although it was already out months before it was discovered, so who knows what the hackers already got...

But change your passwords and you should be fine. Check out The Heartbleed Hit List: The Passwords You Need to Change Right Now. Oh and pardon my French :lol:
I'm surprised you had time to even post this Mr. no number plates :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts