Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fiat knowledgeables - my friend has problems getting reverse on his 1.6 siena. I thought we should probably change the box oil as a start. My questions are:
1. Which oil is best for these boxes?
2. Where do I find the drainhole and fill plug?
3. Any seals or washers that should be replaced?
4. Any tests we can conduct to find out what the problem is before going to a proper maccie?
Sorry to post here, but I don't want to join a fiat forum just to get an answer!

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Fiat knowledgeables - my friend has problems getting reverse on his 1.6 siena. I thought we should probably change the box oil as a start. My questions are:
1. Which oil is best for these boxes?
2. Where do I find the drainhole and fill plug?
3. Any seals or washers that should be replaced?
4. Any tests we can conduct to find out what the problem is before going to a proper maccie?
Sorry to post here, but I don't want to join a fiat forum just to get an answer!
Stupid question, but try checking the clutch yet???
Age of car? milage? last clutch change?
Wheres our buddy based?
I'm going to be in stellies this weekend probably, so if he's there I can pop round to you...

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Stupid question, but try checking the clutch yet???
Age of car? milage? last clutch change?
Wheres our buddy based?
I'm going to be in stellies this weekend probably, so if he's there I can pop round to you...
Good deduction. Try to put it in reverse first, engage the clutch and then start?

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did that before, but I can't remember what happened! I'll see him tomorrow and check again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts